Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  • Announcement

Sorry for the recent downtime. Still much to do but we have the site updated, secure and back online.  Expect more changes.

HyperSync still won´t run (after 3 years...)

holaplaneta

Hi there,

I am having this Critical Error when I try to run HyperSync.

It is the first time I am trying to run it on this machine. I have win 10 with the latest .NET Framework 4.8 installed.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithoutLicense(Guid clsid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithLicense(String license, Guid clsid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstanceCore(Guid clsid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit()
   at HyperSync.Forms.Secondary.Subscribe.InitializeComponent()
   at HyperSync.Forms.Secondary.Subscribe..ctor()
   at HyperSync.Forms.Primary.MainWindow..ctor()
   at HyperSync.Program.Main()

I already had a similar problem more than 3 years ago and today I decided to run HyperSync on another machine, all new parts, in another part of the country... and the same thing persists. I see that my previous post went unresolved for many users that had the same issue. 

I wonder if now there´s an update or more knowledge to address this problem.

Thank you for your support.

Hypersync is working fine for me. As far as I can tell that error is from a MS Visual C++ DLL or COM not registered properly.

I have the 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015-2019 C++ redistributables all installed.

Hi there, 

I just installed all the x64 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015, 2017, 2015-2019 C++ redistributables and the problem persists in my WIN 10 machine.

I did notice that the following line disappeared from the debug.log file though:

at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithoutLicense(Guid clsid)

I wonder if there is a way to find out and localize the missing DLL or COM file.

Any other ideas? Thank you.

When I look at my installs it seems I have both the x86 and x64 of all redistributables. Not sure if that matters, just pointing it out:

249872374_C.thumb.PNG.7d09d9f4bb9a4b08df9dbe1f6f548bb2.PNG

Also HS itself needs sxs.dll to run under windows 10:

...so maybe hypersync needs this file too??? Unsure because I am still win7 here. Other than that I am not sure what to say.

I really appreciate your time and all the answers and guidance you have been giving me.

I tried replacing the sxs.dll file in the HS folder, and installed the x86 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015, 2017, 2015-2019 C++ redistributables and the x86 and x64 versions of Windows Desktop Runtime, and unfortunately the issue is still there. 

The debug log is pretty much the same (attached here). I suppose my last resort would be to try every step of what this user mentions, and see if I manage to nail it:

Thank you. If one day there's a workaround to about this issue, I would much appreciate a direct message to let me know. Now, I have two machines that won't run Hypersync...

debug.log

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.