Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Lost everything time to start again

Sh17happens

2 1/2 years old so wasnt something i had considered but now on start it is "Knock Knock Knock Knock"

Worse thing is finding the downloads again ahhh so many hours getting the way i wanted it ........ but seems things have changed and the Sync thingo has been redone might be easier now

Yup, you have to backup that's for sure. The bad part is, if your like me. 16tb of games, make it very difficult to backup all that.

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk

16TB?!? I'm intrigued as to what all you have? I have a pretty thorough collection, and I only use 8TB.

I'll post up the list tomorrow when I wake up. But ps2 is 4tb alone. I don't even have close to a full set either.

I'll send it to you in a pm

Now this is a list I must see. PM me too please. :)

Can I take a look at your list? With the hyperlist db's, a wii top100 and ps2 top200 i'm around 4tb. When those last two would be complete, should I be around 16tb or am i missing something (like big pc games)?

Sandman, maybe you should look into getting a Drobo 5 bay and stuffing like 5 4TB hard Drives in there for all that data. If it detects a HD failure, or detects that a HD failure may occur soon, the red light next to the drive lights up, it transfers all the data off the bad one to the remaining good drives, and you take the bad drive out and just slide a new one in. Rebuilds data, done.

To me it's more reliable than a RAID array inside of a PC. When it rebuilds you don't even have to have the host PC on. I've been using mine for years and it's saved all my media 3 times so far.

I had this happen to me a month ago. Was putting final touches on cab and dog bumped hard drive. Shorted out the hd's pcb. Had to start all over again. Was a cheap build so didnt backup anything cause of costs but the time put into everything could have payed for 20 backup hard drives. Good news is the setup was insanely faster now that i knew what i was doing. I hope ypu can get everything back up and running.

I use synctoy with my My Cloud EX 4 8tb to back-up. Synctoy is cool because it only copies and overwrites changes no everything. Also, you can copy and overwrite changes both ways if you need to! Check it out for your next setup brother! However, I would not recommend the My Cloud EX 4 really has been a lot of trouble for me. Read the amazon reviews on that one.

I have a 8th NAS already. I haven't forgot about the list either. I been going crazy with a honey do list.

To answer above. The biggest space hogs are as follows ps2 =4tb uncompressed, wii = over 4tb, ps1 = over 1tb, game cube= ? Not in front of NAS, well over 300 PC games = OMG because some are over 25 gb for one. The list is endless for a addiction like this.

• 2 months later...

Happened to me this week, I am a new Hyperspin user only been working on it for a month or so. Had about 2.5 TB on it. I was lucky I was able to get the drive going again and before it died completely, I transferred all the renamed roms over to another HD, that was my biggest fear doing that all over again, especially because I had 650 gamecube roms. I lost some modified themes I did but I can re-due those. How can you back up such large volumes of data, no hd's are full proof.

Ms office365 personal plans next year will have unlimitted storage for one drive for 6.99/month. Decent option coming up soon for offsite backups!

Cool, I subscribed after hearing the news. Only 1Tb at the moment but it will get unlimited next year. I'm currently backing up those roms and iso sets of older consoles (sega cd, 3DO, etc), they took me a long time to download, compress and rename. I was worried some day I will lose them all due to an HDD failure and have to waste time getting them again. This really takes a huge weight off my back.

All this talk got me to buy a back up! Just picked one up for 95 buck wd 3 tb. Check out the article, sea gates fail the most.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/175089-who-makes-the-most-reliable-hard-drives

The deal for a few more weeks: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/983303-REG/western_digital_wdbwlg0030hbk_nesn_3tb_elements_desktop_external.html

Archived