Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Legtod2 build log

legtod2

Question: how do you add a lcd into a cabinet that is a millimeter too narrow.

ANswer: recipracating saw and a lot a patients.

Had fun last night fitting my new 37 in lcd tv into my cab that previously had a 26 lcd.

New tv fills the entire playfield area, great viewing from any angles. Now have some cosmetic issues to deal with.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally took the plunge and added future pinball and 60 future pinball tables to my cab.

Learned how to setup in full screen arcade mode and resize table to fit fullscreen.

Lots of tables to choose from and lots of eye candy in fp. Like the intro's and other cosmetics.

Looks good and plays well on my machine.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the latest updates in my pinball world.

My refurbishment project of an original Williams 1978 Phoenix table is gaining momentum.

Originally this table was gonna be gutted and used for my virtual pinball project.

I replaced the solenoid driver board and 6 solenoids. Founds some shorted and miss wired coils from previous owner.

Machine now has three solenoids on right target banks that are not working, but everything else running perfectly.

This week i bite the bullet and decided not to use the stencil artwork theme of black hole and hire a top gun decal artist to create a pinball artwork theme for me!

My machine still is with out a working nudging solution, which is my biggest disappointment on this project. I am confident sometime soon a tried and true solution will surface. I think my next experiment in this area will be the ms sidewinder mounted in cabinet.

Thie machine is without working led buttons. Thinking about using ledblinky but made no progress here.

Have a bunch of missing hyperpin media stuff like preview backglasses, wheel images, table previews but sure some of those will surface one day.

Missing two full screen tables for my collection Mystic and Phoenix

Thats it for now

• 1 month later...

Update:

I have a working nudging solution finally in my mystic-ball cab. Yahoo, product is actionxl motion controller that has a two buttons and accellerometer. Will be replacing it with an ms sidewinder pro in future but for now it works in both my virtual pinball and future pinball tables.

Artwork from lucian045 applied and makes the machine look amazing.

Still have to get my illuminated buttons set up and working with my pacled64.

Gonna get my coin door operational to accept coins and enable my service buttons on coin door to work (allow volume up/down, etc)

Considering getting a compactor for coins and credit awards.

Going to add fan to bottom of cabinet to draw air in from front of cab to improve airflow to my 3 rear airflow fans.

Going to modify playfield mounting and access to computer hardware. Right now 37 in screen rests on top of four corner posts inside of cabinet walls. Not sure how i'm going to tackel this one yet.

Backup and recovery of hard drive plan is 3 folders on the pinball hard drive (copy of hyperpin folder, copy of games folder, copy of virtual pinball folder), these same folders are copied to my home san. In the event of a hard drive failure or pc replacement i would simply reinstall windows xp and sundry of windows updates, vp, hyperpin, futurepinball. Then copy my folders back from the san.

Yup still alot of things to do on this project, but kids love it and it gets used frequently!

• 1 year later...

Happy Father's Day to all the Daddy's out there.

It's been over a year since I last posted in this thread.

The table now has 205 visual pinball tables and 101 future pinball tables.

Have a collection of uvp and b2b back glasses, the majority of them are uvp.

Nudging solution working flawlessly (accelerometer),

Still no pacled64 in place.

Machine is played regularly by kids and I.

Love this machine

Just want to make a plug for Hyperpin 2.0, please consider letting us know if this will materialize!!!

• 2 months later...

Update Aug 2013

It seems hyperpin is stalled in the updates and development department. What a shame it is my hope someday a renewed effort appears.

I have been exploring the use of pinballx which seems to work ok but thus far hyperpin powers my machine on boot up.

The mysticball machine still runs flawlessly and has 209 vp tables and 105 Fp tables, plus steam zen fx2.

I have converted all tables animated back glasses from uvp to directb2s, and used pin gen to capture all missing artwork, back glass, table preview videos.

Still using the accelerometer for nudging which working great both for vp and Fp.

Unfortunately I still need to do pacled and simple knocker for adding credits.

This machine has been a great hobby and is used regularly.

• 1 year later...

Update Jan 2015

Machine has been running flawlessly. Still running windows XP SP3, Hyperpin, Visual Pinball 9.2.1 (222 Tables), Future Pinball (91 Tables).

Multiple people have played this machine and requiested to buy it. Don't know if I could part with it unless to fund a new build.

Tried Pinballx and the steamfx but removed them. No further updates planned for this machine.

Have a complete backup image of machine on external usb hard drive. Will see if this machine can stand test of time.

Happy new year all

• 4 months later...

I sold the machine late Jan of 2015.

Here it is may and I find myself missing it so I have decided to build a second machine.

This time instead of building from scratch I decided to rescue A 1974 Bally Amigo machine that was in bad shape.

Will start a new build log and hopefully do a better job this time arround.

Archived