Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperBase Live Progress

fr0stbyt3

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
Put me down for a hundred on HyperSpin 2.0 coming out before HyperBase Live. (Favourites never win) :boxing:

Come on HS 2!!!...

I would be willing to take that but, both hyperbase live and gameex evolution are in beta afaik. So you would probably lose. If i was a betting man same time evo is out will be close to the same time live is out to draw memberships for both. My 2 cents.

Quick Update: We are releasing the developer API later this weekend. This will allow third parties to integrate with our data. I will be putting up a howto guide as well as additional information for any developers that are interested.

For the rest of us. I'll be releasing a few new screenshots in the upcoming days. We are adding a screen that will show you a system wide audit of all missing data as well as performance enhancements. Let the fun begin :)

Also, How many of you are interested in complete data structure validation? I could go as far as looking through and telling you what roms you're missing as well. Currently this feature is disabled, but I do use it for myself.

That sounds amazing actually. I would for sure love this feature.

Also, How many of you are interested in complete data structure validation? I could go as far as looking through and telling you what roms you're missing as well. Currently this feature is disabled, but I do use it for myself.

That would be a great feature. It will check for pointers, themes and videos as well? Will there be any bezel or fade art included in this project? It would be nice to have a complete media management package and not have to use multiple programs for it. ;)

Thanks,

Ron

That would be a great feature. It will check for pointers, themes and videos as well? Will there be any bezel or fade art included in this project? It would be nice to have a complete media management package and not have to use multiple programs for it. ;)

Thanks,

Ron

Sure, adding file types is what this app is about. I don't use bezels personally, but could you post a little info? I need save path, file extension, and general file size.

The more audit functions the better. You could have individual tickboxes for the various options, and a big one labelled "OCD" that switches them all on...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! Absolutely. I'll start working on the feature as I get closer to a rollout. Right now I think it'll do all checks at once.

Sounds great.

Sure, adding file types is what this app is about. I don't use bezels personally, but could you post a little info? I need save path, file extension, and general file size.

Yepper!

File Path:

Default Bezel (not system specific) = ...\HyperLaunch\Media\Bezels\_Default\

Horizontal Default Bezel = ...\HyperLaunch\Media\Bezels\_Default\Horizontal\

Vertical Default Bezel = ...\HyperLaunch\Media\Bezels\_Default\Vertical\

System Specific Default Bezels = ...\HyperLaunch\Media\Bezels\{System Name}\_Default\

System Horizontal Specific Default Bezels = ...\HyperLaunch\Media\Bezels\{System Name}\_Default\Horizontal\

System Vertical Specific Default Bezels = ...\HyperLaunch\Media\Bezels\{System Name}\_Default\Vertical\

Rom Specific Bezels = ...\HyperLaunch\Media\Bezels\{System Name}\{Rom Name}\

The files must begin with the word Bezel*.png and should be named "Bezel [#S] - {Aspect Ratio}[ {Unique Description}][ ({Author})].png". The items in brackets are optional.

There should, but not required, an accompanying ini files named exactly the same.

The file sizes can vary wildly. I have some that are 50mb and some that are only a few kb.

Here are a few examples for the naming convention and size:

...\HyperLaunch\Media\Bezels\American Laser Games\_Default\Bezel - 16x10 ALG4 (Grizz).png - 1.38mb

...\HyperLaunch\Media\Bezels\American Laser Games\_Default\Bezel - 16x10 ALG4 (Grizz).ini - 181b

...\HyperLaunch\Media\Bezels\MAME\_Default\Horizontal\Bezel - 16x10 MAME (Grizz).png - 1.86mb

...\HyperLaunch\Media\Bezels\MAME\_Default\Horizontal\Bezel - 16x10 MAME (Grizz).ini - 181b

...\HyperLaunch\Media\Bezels\Daphne\ace\Bezel - 16x9 ace comic (gigapig).png - 1.80mb

...\HyperLaunch\Media\Bezels\Daphne\ace\Bezel - 16x9 ace comic (gigapig).ini - 180b

There can also be matching Background images following almost the same naming convention: "Background - {Aspect Ratio}[ {Unique Description}][ ({Author})].png" and can be placed in any of the above folders.

Example:

...\HyperLaunch\Media\Bezels\_Default\Background - 16x9 black 19201080 (Potts43).png - 8.62kb

If this is in any way unclear, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ron

fr0stbyt3, if you want to support any hyperlaunch media asset you should come to the hyperlaunch forum and discuss any doubts over there.

The info that rfancella posted is correct, but it is partially incomplete as the next HL version will support more file types and have a few changes.

Anyway, to do it right you should talk with me, brolly and djvj. If you guys have plans to include HL stuff, this is something that should be for sure discussed privately with the HL team to avoiding any possible problems in the future.

fr0stbyt3, if you want to support any hyperlaunch media asset you should come to the hyperlaunch forum and discuss any doubts over there.

The info that rfancella posted is correct, but it is partially incomplete as the next HL version will support more file types and have a few changes.

Anyway, to do it right you should talk with me, brolly and djvj. If you guys have plans to include HL stuff, this is something that should be for sure discussed privately with the HL team to avoiding any possible problems in the future.

When we get to that point we will definitely discuss with you guys.

Thanks

Archived