Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Did I just waste $45 ?

mofobill

I hope I haven't made a big mistake here. I just became a platinum member for $45 because I wanted to download the emulator movies and stuff. However, hypersync is refusing to get MAME videos, and I read in other posts here that they say go and become a member at emu movies.

So have I just paid $45 for nothing at all and I need to head over there and pay more ?!?!

If so I feel the description of what I was actually paying for is a really bad one, it lead me to believe I'd be able to sync EVERYTHING !!!

I hope I haven't made a big mistake here. I just became a platinum member for $45 because I wanted to download the emulator movies and stuff. However, hypersync is refusing to get MAME videos, and I read in other posts here that they say go and become a member at emu movies.

So have I just paid $45 for nothing at all and I need to head over there and pay more ?!?!

If so I feel the description of what I was actually paying for is a really bad one, it lead me to believe I'd be able to sync EVERYTHING !!!

Hi! Welcome to the forums!

You paid the platinum subscription here to use HyperSync. That enables you to download all available artwork and themes for your setup. This includes: Main Menu and System Themes, Main Menu and System Wheel Art, Box Art and Cart Art, Letters, Pointers and Sounds if they are available.

The subscription to EMUMovies is for System and Game Videos only. Plus the knowledge that you have helped this community strive! ;)

Thanks,

Ron

EmuMovies is a video service that provides videos to a variety of frontends and it's best to get the lifetime subscription. With that being said HyperSpin uses HyperSync, currently, to sync our media the fastest way possible. With a platinum account here and a paid account at EmuMovies you'll be able to sync all available media quickly.

Your other alternative to not paying that $45 was to only pay for an account over at EmuMovies to obtain your videos, which you would then need to rename/reconcile to HyperSpin databases. As for the HyperSpin artwork there's always the download section and other accounts that give you ftp only access, which does not include everything from HyperBase and scouring is a pain.

All in all, the platinum account that you purchased and the lifetime account at EmuMovies that you should now purchase is definitely worth the cost as it will save you a long, long, long, long.....long time in search and renaming. Plus that's about the extent of the cost. You can setup one good sync and give it time to download and you'd be amazed. It's worth it. ;)

The money from hyperspin or emumovies does not go to supporting hyperlaunch at all. If you want to support future features for hyperlaunch, I'm putting together a pool through donations from the donate link in my signature.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using Tapatalk

I want to encourage you to sign-up at emumovies. Circo does amazing work, and you will not be disappointed in everything he has to offer. hyperspin and emumovies are two independent websites with different owners who collaborate their work for us to enjoy. Definitely worth being paying members on both sites, like myself and countless others have done. This is a hobby, and every hobby will have expenditures associated with it.

I know you think your platinum membership is for not, but you will get your value back out of it the more you use the site.

Great to see you on board.

KL

I don't know, it says pretty clearly that you need an emumovies account to be able to sync movies in HyperSync. It's on the subscription page.

• 3 weeks later...

Hyperspin Moderators: To minimize confusion, the wording on the Hyperspin subscription page should say "emumovies SUBSCRIPTION", not "emumovies account". I have an emumovies account and was also misled by this wording. I thought the use of the word "account" was purposeful, meaning that a paid Platinum subscription ($45) also "bought me into" emumovies as well. That's the way it looks as it is currently written.

Hyperspin Moderators: To minimize confusion, the wording on the Hyperspin subscription page should say "emumovies SUBSCRIPTION", not "emumovies account". I have an emumovies account and was also misled by this wording. I thought the use of the word "account" was purposeful, meaning that a paid Platinum subscription ($45) also "bought me into" emumovies as well. That's the way it looks as it is currently written.

Thank you. I just fixed this

Archived