Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Space Invaders cab started!

jahilton2002

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great cab. I love the color scheme, the white t-moulding really sets it off.

I have always been a fan of just painting or spraying my cabs a solid color, but this makes me want to use custom full sideart on the next one I put together. Really really nice job. Well done!!

Once again, that is an absolutely spectacular cab. I love what you've done with the back panel and the interior lighting and design, and the neatness and professional finish of it all is second to none.

Its probably the best scratch made cab I've seen anywhere, period. So many good design ideas.

Well done.

We need to get a "most beautiful cabs" poll going. My money would be on this for the win.

there some really kind words man..... we hope to maybe start building to sell in the future....

If you do, make sure you post back here and let everyone know. I would shout about a company like that to anyone who listened. It's clear you put an incredible amount of time and effort in here, and work as good as yours would justify a nice price premium. I love your idea of the signature VESA mounting plate too. It's a very distinctive touch that would make all your cabinets stand out from the rest on the market.

One quick tip for you to think about if you feel it's worth it. You've gone to such lengths to make the back-end so pretty that it seems like a shame not to be able to show it off at will. Have you thought about a solution to make it rotate-able?

Just an idea, but you could build a rotating locking plinth for the base that would allow you to lock/unlock it, then spin the cab on the spot through 180 degrees. If it was well designed it wouldn't add more than a few mm to the cab's height. It seems such a shame to go to all that effort on the back panel, then have the trouble of dragging the machine around by hand to show it off, and with the skills you guys clearly have, I'm sure you could match it to the look of the cab perfectly, maybe use some of the same steel plating you used on the kickboard, etc.

Putting it on castors would accomplish the same thing more easily of course, but you guys seem a little more ingenious than that :laugh:

If you do, make sure you post back here and let everyone know. I would shout about a company like that to anyone who listened. It's clear you put an incredible amount of time and effort in here, and work as good as yours would justify a nice price premium. I love your idea of the signature VESA mounting plate too. It's a very distinctive touch that would make all your cabinets stand out from the rest on the market..................................................

Thx very much for your kind words it really does mean alot... the castors have already discussed in the past and we just need to find a quality part that doesn't cost too much..... we'd want rudder wheels really so wooden/tile floors are not damaged....

just in case you havn't already my sig is clickable to our website

thx again for your kind words

the castors have already discussed in the past and we just need to find a quality part that doesn't cost too much..... we'd want rubber wheels really so wooden/tile floors are not damaged....

B&Q and IKEA both do castors that are decent and not expensive. IKEA has ones with lockable brakes (very handy for a cab you want to stay stationary). Both of these are designed not to damage floors.

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/hardware/ironmongery/castors/B-and-Q-Castor-Non-Marking-Plate-Fitting-75mm-9370550

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/56820000/

just in case you havn't already my sig is clickable to our website

I have already. Love your streetfighter cab, and the SF2T HD Remix artwork on it. A lot of people hated on that game and all the redrawn art and graphics. I thought it was hands down the best version of streetfighter ever made.

Man, I juct can't get enough of this machine! In a way, I wish it wasn't done yet. I loved watching it take shape. But congrats on the final outcome, It's a work of art! You've inspired me to redo my first machine I did a few years back. All I was going do was change the buttons on it, but then I started following this thread and got the itch to redo the whole thing! (Thanks by the way!) Anyway, Great job!

Man, I juct can't get enough of this machine! In a way, I wish it wasn't done yet. I loved watching it take shape. But congrats on the final outcome, It's a work of art! You've inspired me to redo my first machine I did a few years back. All I was going do was change the buttons on it, but then I started following this thread and got the itch to redo the whole thing! (Thanks by the way!) Anyway, Great job!

i'm glad we inspired you! we've got a cocktail cab next..... although we might be doing a mini bartop/ped style invaders cab also! (just because we can LOL)

• 2 weeks later...

You'r work is amazing, I'm dreadding to think what mine is going to turn out like. But just looking through your photos has given me loads of tips. So thanks for sharing... its just unreal :D

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived