Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Mameman CNC Fun

mameman

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You could possibly have a standard lockdown and rails electroplated by the people that do car emblems and such.

I probably could, but I'm not aware of anyplace locally that does it so I would have to send them out to get done and I'm guessing that would drive the price up beyond what I would be willing to pay. If I could get them for the same price as the normal ones or maybe a couple bucks extra I would go for it but when you're looking at double or triple the cost (or more) then no thanks! Gold lockbars, siderails, etc. are cool, but not that cool.

I probably could, but I'm not aware of anyplace locally that does it so I would have to send them out to get done and I'm guessing that would drive the price up beyond what I would be willing to pay. If I could get them for the same price as the normal ones or maybe a couple bucks extra I would go for it but when you're looking at double or triple the cost (or more) then no thanks! Gold lockbars, siderails, etc. are cool, but not that cool.

Go to your local car dealer and ask them if they will give you the number to their gold plating guy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow man, awesome pieces of arcadeness! Love the topper, just went to your website and seen Dracula & Tron... badass!! The standup has some sweet curves and will really be something to see all done up with a lite up Marquee & CP. Please keep sending us updates, thanks for sharing!!

Wow man, awesome pieces of arcadeness! Love the topper, just went to your website and seen Dracula & Tron... badass!! The standup has some sweet curves and will really be something to see all done up with a lite up Marquee & CP. Please keep sending us updates, thanks for sharing!!

thanks, my guess is you will be getting the profile soon to create some artwork once i finalize the design.

Yes sir, that's the plan. Great cab design. Very exciting to be on this project, I can't wait to see what the final product will look like. Shakenbake has me working on the logo treatment then it's onto the design layout. I really like that rear area of the top. That curve and added space already has me thinking of ways to embrace your design.

Our son had drawn me a great standup arcade on an angle so it was 3D looking for my birthday last week. The front below the CP had a staggered step were the sides came out a little more than the coin door area. It made for a girthy base and I told him how much I loved it. It was a pretty awesome rendering of how he can draw. He's got me thinking about how these original cabs can be enhanced with subtle changes. I'll send you a pic of it if you'd like. Very cool stuff.

I researched the back story on the P2K plans and what the thought process was for that project; inspiring read. Now I'll be doing more R & D in the standup arena. My hope is to continue designing in these trends and really make something worthy for the arcade gods. The cabs are really works of art and my job will be to add to their wow factor. Please send me any ideas you have about designing for it and we'll make something truly special.

Thanks Mameman, all the best!!

sure send it over when you get time, would be cool to bring someone to life from paper either as a full design or simply an add on to an existing cabinet. I'm in the middle of doing a cabinet for T800 to bring the WOOLY VP table to life. We already CNC cut the playfield and that looks amazing now it has the graphics etc in place, cabinet will be done this week and hopefully he will have it flipping in no time.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived