Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Mameman CNC Fun

mameman

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think an adapted version of the original Williams side art could look really good:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27502[/ATTACH]

I don't know if anybody has ever tried this, but on the topic of Indiana Jones, this has to be the coolest cab ever:

post-232-142870593225_thumb.jpg

I don't know if anybody has ever tried this, but on the topic of Indiana Jones, this has to be the coolest cab ever:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28359[/ATTACH]

lol simple enough to do, i figure you could get large sticks of bamboo and make the legs out of that. I had thought at one time of reproducing the crate style cabinet of Whoa Nellie.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-om21PY9A5yo/TYy5gwnsxoI/AAAAAAAABCY/KV3Y_rcl1ac/s400/juicy%2Bdecals.jpg

Yeah, the legs are a good concept, but probably could have been done better. I like the old wood retro style. Fits the theme.

You are right, the original Whoa Nellie is incredible. My buddy got a conversion kit and made his own cabinet kind of like the Indiana Jones and brought it to Pin a Go Go. It turned out super nice. Very impressive. It was in the old wood rail style also. Again, not as unique as the crate one, but still incredible. I envy his and your skill set.

post-232-142870593226_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28359[/ATTACH]

I take offense to this statement. lol. ;-)

That is a killer cab. I remember seeing that a while back. It's from an amusement park or something like that if I remember correctly. It's a million times better than the riginal Williams Indy cab. I never cared for that much.

Bill

I take offense to this statement. lol. ;-)

That is a killer cab. I remember seeing that a while back. It's from an amusement park or something like that if I remember correctly. It's a million times better than the riginal Williams Indy cab. I never cared for that much.

Bill

I didn't see your build until your post, damn, you did a nice job. Your artwork package is a million times better than the Williams or Stern version. There are some extremely talented people on here. When the wood working, art and engineering come together, the machines are works of art.

The IJ I posted is in Disney Land as Dr. Willy mentioned. I just liked/admire the wood working on it. Side rails, lock down bar, speaker panel, channel lift, etc..., all wooden for that retro feel. The art fits as more of a throwback type prop rather than a tie in to the movies. Simplistic, but fitting. (Translite excluded)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Mameman....I blame you...I mean I thank you for sparking my interest in a CNC machine. Last year I saw one of your videos and googled crcrp4848 and found cncrouterparts.com. And now I've just finished building one of their 4'x4' Pro machines with Nema 34 electronics. I'm still kinda learning everything since I'm new to CNC. Don't worry no plans to become a cabinet maker. :) I've got some initial interest in using it to make some wooden clock parts and 3D artwork decorations.

post-75166-142870618612_thumb.jpg

Gil

very cool, and i see you have the latest and greatest with the lighter rail technology. Great unit and Ahren is a great guy to deal with.

you certainly have a couple dollars sunk into that monster. now you just need to get your Kent dust boot and hook it to a good dust system.

ping me if you have any questions.

Mameman....I blame you...I mean I thank you for sparking my interest in a CNC machine. Last year I saw one of your videos and googled crcrp4848 and found cncrouterparts.com. And now I've just finished building one of their 4'x4' Pro machines with Nema 34 electronics. I'm still kinda learning everything since I'm new to CNC. Don't worry no plans to become a cabinet maker. :) I've got some initial interest in using it to make some wooden clock parts and 3D artwork decorations.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37707[/ATTACH]

Gil

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived