Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Mameman CNC Fun

mameman

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my! Bar = Raised!

you have a damn good eye for design!

Where was this thread 6 months ago when I started my pincab! Lol

Looks like I'll be pulling off my grill and marching down to my brotther in-law's machine shop and getting a little payback for some recent tech support.

mameman, do you think an animated sequence can be made in etched acrylic? What I'm thinking is sort of stop motion, in acrylic with the led's changing behind it to make it appear there is movement.

I would imagine you can get an real interesting effect with varied LEDs and an arduino.

You can also stack the acrylic one sheet behind the other and put different parts of the image on each sheet to vary color and depth.

You need a Arduino :D

Or you could do it even cheaper with a Picaxe chip! I love those little things - getting better all the time. I built a ghostbusters proton pack a couple years ago and used a Picaxe chip to animate a series of blue led's. Very easy to do, here is the pack in action;

Could just turn that on it's side, put in red led's and go nuts making different animations. Could probably use one board and run wires to both panels so they could be in sync etc.

Awesome project and the cnc stuff is incredible!

Or you could do it even cheaper with a Picaxe chip! I love those little things - getting better all the time. I built a ghostbusters proton pack a couple years ago and used a Picaxe chip to animate a series of blue led's. Very easy to do, here is the pack in action;

Could just turn that on it's side, put in red led's and go nuts making different animations. Could probably use one board and run wires to both panels so they could be in sync etc.

Awesome project and the cnc stuff is incredible!

Looks cool, nice job on the pack. Given me some other ideas now ;)

Looks cool, nice job on the pack. Given me some other ideas now ;)

Hehe, do what I can for ya! Could also power it off a relay to start/stop the led's to things happening on the table. Or scratch that and just assign one or more of the picaxe pins to digital input and the ledwiz etc. could start various animations depending on which one is set high. Heck just 2 pins could do something like;

low low = off no animation

low high = cycle back and forth slow (game start)

High low = cycle back and forth fast (multiball etc.)

high high = go bananas (free game etc sends them into crazy mode!)

Not sure what all you could key on there but I think there's a ton of options! Now finish it up so I can see it in action!

-Lyle

Archived