Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Mameman CNC Fun

mameman

wiring and the rest is down to the owner to install.

Wish there was a way that I could create a kit for the wiring but think it would outprice itself pretty quick.

I know! Move to Australia and I could help you provide a full solution! :top:

Just a thought..... :D

So have to work out shipping to Aus for some of your gear although the missus would divorce me if I bought a car simulator cabinet... Wonder if I would miss her? :D

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! That is making me want to order another panel from you. I need an Indiana Jones one. :cool:

How do they look when painted black? Can you still see the detail in them? Or would you need to paint them a different color?

working on a poor boys IO panel kit for our avid DIY cabinet builders. should be able to specify how you want it laid out when its complete. still working out if i will bother with a mainboard tray or simply provide an backplate that you can simply fasten to a simple piece of plywood that you mount the motherboard to with some plastic spacers and screws. the pci boards etc will get locked in place with an adjustable clamp that fits to the outside of this board. In theory this IO panel can be made to accept the hard drive mounted on the back side or even a dvd/rom drive on its side. Again totally configurable to what you need (fans,slots etc) let me know if its something you guys maybe interested in and i will continue the development.

file-6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

couple of pics of another p2k cab. sorry for the bad photo's, night time in the garage and flashes on the camera do not make for stunning pics .. Once the owner installs the decals and t moulding it should look stunning!

The angle the dmd has been set as allow the user to decide if they want to place the dmd image at the top of the 22" monitor, giving it a reflection over the playfield, or at the bottom which gives you the reflection beyond the playfield.

Head has a shelf that is capable of taking the pc tray and power supply.

Playfield is the now std, slide out and/or tilt up.

This particular one has a 200cfm fan installed behind the custom metal grill for such games as whirlwind (currently only visable in a couple of the pictures due to the backdoor being removed)

file-18.jpg

file.jpg

file-11.jpg

file-12.jpg

file-13.jpg

file-14.jpg

file-6.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-3.jpg

Excellent work. I love the idea of the JP gun shooter and the custom etched drawings on the back are beautiful. Your hinge design for the playfield monitor is great.

The front has such a clean look. Is there going to be custom graphics/decals or will it stay black? It looks great as-is.

How will you launch the standard plunger games, I don't see a manual plunger? Maybe you'll use the existing trigger?

Also, I didn't see any LED flashers. Honestly the game is way more fun with the 5-LED array and you have room behind the reflected DMD. Perhaps something to consider.

Thanks for sharing your work. We are in AWE of your talent.

Bill, not sure if you directed the question at the group, so forgive me if it was a direct question to Greg.

I prefer the pin2k design after making (2) 46 inch screen versions (widebodies) and playing them quite a bit before selling them. While I enjoyed the large 46 inch screen, the pin2k design makes sense as a virtual pinball and looks cool in my gameroom. I wanted something different to go with my real machines and I think the pin2k design is perfect. I love the BIG DMD that the reflective LCD affords and the clean look of of the 3 monitor arrangement. I am having so much fun with the external subwoofer and the LED flashers I haven't missed the contactors. I am sure I will get around to adding them at some point.

Wow. Looks great Greg!

Do you prefer the Pin2k style over the regular pin? If so what do you like better? Is the smaller screen better (more clear) than the 46?

Archived