Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Real DMD's In Pinball Cabs

H4CK3R

Just got my DMD and my USB device from Russ....

All I can say is, WTF why didn't someone come up with this along time ago...

Here is a Photo, will make a Video soon...

If you want one Hit him up on the VPforums and or I'll post a link to his website once its done. It's at http://pindmd.com/

IMAG0033.jpg

7CLeNvS0Fn0

PEjc0qXmERs

H4CK3R

Edited by H4CK3R
adding
  • Upvote 1

WOW. That looks great. Is there any special setup or is it the same config as what everyone uses now?

I saw that thread recently. but didn't get a chance to read up on it much. What did the whole setup cost you? I know from having to buy DMD's for pins that they are not cheap.

How does this work though considering not all DMD's are the same size? Most are, but I know Sega had some larger ones and I'm sure there are other exceptions too.

Edited by bill55

I'm definitely interested. What happens on those handful of games that had larger (and I believe higher res) DMD displays? Do they work at all?

I'm going to get my cab going with the existing 15.6" LCD, then I'll consider the upgrade after that. Don't want to throw another unknown variable into the mix right now.

By the time you get the DMD and the Dongle most of the bugs will be worked out. And their are only 5 games that have the higher res 128 x 64, Baywatch, Arron spelling, ect ect.. He's converting the Pinmame.DLL to re-size those DMD's to fit the 128 x 32

Really, basically the same that cab-builders here have been doing for some time? I did see it is an LCD panel, but since I read that dmd's are/can be plasma-based display technique, I figured it would be like "real" dmd technology... ok, pardon the n00b interference :-)

colordmd is a lcd-screen and only for one dedicated pinball machine suitable.

what if we together bought those dmd's from veshay maybe we can get a discount somewhere?

If not, you (and other dutch vpinheads) may get one from here: http://flipperwinkel.nl/winkel/index1.html (then click Electronica, then Displays) Not sure if it is a good price or not though. You can pick it up from their location and not risc damage while shipping...

Edited by JaronSenna

If not, you (and other dutch vpinheads) may get one from here: http://flipperwinkel.nl/winkel/index1.html (then click Electronica, then Displays) Not sure if it is a good price or not though. You can pick it up from their location and not risc damage while shipping...

I don't think this is the 5v version ... but the normal plasma display which requires power supply that deliveres other type of voltages