Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Retrocade - bartop

mikekim

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually they're not painted. ..

They where covered in duck tape, prior to the photo, as the edges where covered in glue residue from the rubbish chrome strip supplied with the kit. I subsequently slot cut the edges and applied black t-mold.

Also the shots where taken on an expensive DSLR (with a professional grade lens) which helped with the clarity and brightness of the photo.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II.

Tried that before but was just able to find the pixelated style font or the one where its just the game characters.

did a check on the font, and the one you need to replicate the marquee is "ITC Machine CE Medium"

Nice work i am going to create a bartop kit based on this art so buttons etc fit perfect if there is any intrest out there.

I will do at cost price excluding shipping for gold members and above who have access to the art.

Going to print cut one out to test first.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Big thanks to Mikekim for the art its awsome thank you .

Here is my build up to now.

Still got monitor to fit and Motherboard etc.

Protective film is still on the glass.

I've made the front pannel smaller than I usually do and angled the control panel more I think it looks good plus it feels more comfortable

to me.

post-43889-142870589934_thumb.jpg

post-43889-142870589937_thumb.jpg

post-43889-142870589944_thumb.jpg

post-43889-142870589947_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Yes I did, as it was changed to the same colour as the original taito space invaders background.

I wasn't happy with the original retrocade design, as the colours where wrong, which I only realised after I had received the printed artwork from Lucian045.

Yes I did, as it was changed to the same colour as the original taito space invaders background.

I wasn't happy with the original retrocade design, as the colours where wrong, which I only realised after I had received the printed artwork from Lucian045.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• 9 months later...
Which kit was used for this bartop?

It looks great and I would like to do a 2 player as well.

Thanks

the site i bought from no longer exists..

tippers27 sells the same bar top and i think he will ship to Canada..

Hey Mikekim,

I've learned a lot from following this thread thanks very much. Finally I've purchased a kit from ebay which is very similar to yours and have started assembling. Just one quick question, how exactly did you mount your perspex/glass? I've been trying to figure it out by studying your photos but can't seem to work it out!

BTW I also purchased a Dremel to fit my T-Molding, thanks for the tip!

hope everyones sitting down.....

:party::party:update:party::party:

Yep the Retrocade is a couple of years old, and all the new requests for information about the cab design, has prompted me to start looking at the cab with a view to some improvements..

Updates planned

• Auto switching 4/8 way controls.

I have managed to shoehorn in the servos to allow automatic 4/8 way switching for games

x405.jpg

its a tight fit but they seem to go in ok.

I didn't have to change the existing joysticks as the Servo Stik Arcade Joystick is the same base as the Sanwas that i originally used.

just had to swap over the 4/8 way restrictor plates and fit the servos

also picked up a Servo Stick Control Board that enables the servos to work. will be playing with this and configuring the hyperspin xmls accordingly

• New t-molding

i was never happy with the 10mm black t-molding, so have picked up some 15mm white T-Molding from arcadeworlduk.

this will be put on in the next couple of weeks.

• New back panel

the original back panel that came with the kit was made from 3mm hardboard in two sections and is now looking tatty.

this will be replaced with an 8mm MDF panel which i can route out the air vents, rear usb and power sockets properly.

I also need to find some more upvc hockey stick moulding for the marquee, as i robbed this to use on the mini MVS build.

progress updates will be posted as they occur..

[/resume normal programming]

Archived