Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Indiana Jones and the Pinball Crusade (46/28/15) build project

bill55

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bill55- you have a great list at the start of this thread. I'm using it to source my electrical components. I've read most of the thread, but not each and every post yet. Am I missing something or have you not posted anything in regards to the sound system components?

Good catch. I was very up in the air for a long time about the sound. Considered many options and wasn't sure until I actually ran a couple tables what I was going to do. I ended up using 4" car speakers for the backbox and connected them to a PC sub inside the cab. I'll get some links and specific details in my first thread asap.

FINALLY!

Got to load up a couple tables and see them on the playfield screen. No LEDWiz yet or even cabinet buttons functioning, but it's a start. Had some trouble getting the backglasses to show up. I think it may be due to my monitor numbering. Not exactly sure how to change the numbering in windows. I know how to move them around and select the default, but not the actual 1, 2, 3 numbering. Anyone know before I start my google hunt. I did get the DMD working on the correct screen at least.

Anyway. here are a couple pics.

post-27857-142870575528_thumb.jpg

post-27857-142870575529_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much for the parts list and links in the first post. I noticed you spent over $100 with shipping on the 24v power supply. Was it worth it? Why did you pick that one?

Thanks

Thank you so much for the parts list and links in the first post. I noticed you spent over $100 with shipping on the 24v power supply. Was it worth it? Why did you pick that one?

Thanks

I have no clue why shipping is showing for that much. I certainly did not pay $40 for shipping. No way. It says overnight shipping. I wonder if they forgot to offer normal shipping or something when they re-listed the item. I'd contact them and ask.

Bill

I ordered it two days ago for $27.95 from that exact seller/link. It must be a listing mistake.

He must've just changed the price for that power supply. I added it to my eBay watch list 2 days ago and it was not that expensive. Wow. I should've bought it when I had the chance.

Ok thanks for confirming, that's what I thought it cost. Damn, I hope it comes back down. I'll be sure not to hesitate like that again next time!

Here is another similar one from the same guy for about the same price (free shipping) <link> The amps are slightly less, but @ 10, I think it still meets our needs. -Good luck.

FINALLY!

Got to load up a couple tables and see them on the playfield screen. No LEDWiz yet or even cabinet buttons functioning, but it's a start. Had some trouble getting the backglasses to show up. I think it may be due to my monitor numbering. Not exactly sure how to change the numbering in windows. I know how to move them around and select the default, but not the actual 1, 2, 3 numbering. Anyone know before I start my google hunt. I did get the DMD working on the correct screen at least.

Wow.... Awesome cabinet build.

I am refurbing an old pinball cabinet now and have gone through some of the same setup issues you had when using the tutorial. It is very helpful but also has a few frustrating omissions as I think things have changed a lot.

Are you using winXP? If you are, you can get it to make the monitor identification (1,2,3) sticky by plugging the primary display and 2nd monitor in first (primary should be monitor 1), then setting up the resolution for #2 in properties, then shutting down. Then plug the 3rd monitor in, start up and go into the properties and set that one up. XP seems to identify them based on the order that they are attached, even though you can place them in different adjacent positions on your virtual desktop. Also, you'll have to use the nVidia setup tool and make sure whichever card has two monitors plugged in that the sequence is correct when its lists them both. For example, I have a 23 Acer backglass and a 15" dell DMD. Both are on my 2nd card. When I pull up that card it has to say "Acer 23VL + Dell 15EFP" ... if its the other way around, I get the DMD set to #2. Took me a while to figure that out but since then they have not changed even if I unplug and reconnect.

BTW I also had the same problem with the backglass. Took me a while to figure out that the install zip had an older file in it. The newest DLL and EXE fixed that problem. The second problem I had was that the XML game title and description have to be the same, and have to match the table, uvp, and png file names. The tutorial specifically shows them with different entries in those fields, but that apparently won't work.

Right now I'm getting some weird problems where certain tables will run fine in vpinball.exe with the original vpinmame script (but no backglass), but as soon as I try to edit to ultravp.backglassserv (for those with a uvp file) the tables bog way down and it takes 10 seconds for every keystroke or mouse movement to show up. Not sure why, although I don't fully understand the difference between uvp, active backglass, and static backglasses and how to tell which format a table is set up for, and how to set each up in the script and in Hyperpin... LOL.... I need a tutorial for the tutorial....

Anyways, again great build. Very helpful.

-Dave

He must've just changed the price for that power supply. I added it to my eBay watch list 2 days ago and it was not that expensive. Wow. I should've bought it when I had the chance.

Some ebay sellers just raise the price to some crazy price when the go out of stock.

Then when they get them back in stock they lower the price. Save them listing fees.

Here is another similar one from the same guy for about the same price (free shipping) <link> The amps are slightly less, but @ 10, I think it still meets our needs. -Good luck.

Thanks!

Some ebay sellers just raise the price to some crazy price when the go out of stock.

Then when they get them back in stock they lower the price. Save them listing fees.

I've heard that before too now that I think about it. You're probaly right. I'll wait it out then and see what happens.

The numbering DOES NOT matter. All that matters is that:

-Playfield monitor is your primary

-Backglass monitor (even it windows shows it as #3) is to the right of the playfield monitor in windows settings, aligned with the 0 line on the offset

-Backglass monitor should be in native resolution, with correct resolution in hyperpin settings file

-Backglass monitor offset settings need to be x=0, y=0 in hyperpin settings file

This had me pulling my hair out for hours, because I assumed the backglass offset should be 1920, 0 in the settings file... makes sense right? Nope. Leave it with 0's and don't worry about how windows numbers your monitors.

Hope that helps people out.

FINALLY!

Windows numbers your monitors in the order it detects them. The only way to change the numbering it to change the cabling. Windows detects displays in this order DVI>VGA>HDMI. It took me forever to figure that out. I ended up having to change monitor cable types. If you are using cables of the same type, but they are in the wrong order, just change the ports they are plugged into on the video card.

YES! Took some tinkering but I got it! A couple things I figured out:

1. As others stated the numbering does not matter. It's the order they are on. (playfield on the left, backglass in the center, and DMD on the right.

2. The backglass would not work with the screen running it's native res (1920x1200). I had to change it to 1280x1024 and it worked right away.

3. The tables had to be added to the .XML file for Hyperpin. I thought that if I wasn't using Hyperpin to launch these that it wouldn't matter. I was wrong. Once I added them to that .XML file the UVP backglasses started working.

post-27857-142870575882_thumb.jpg

post-27857-142870575885_thumb.jpg

post-27857-142870575886_thumb.jpg

post-27857-142870575887_thumb.jpg

Don't have ay of the LED-Wiz stuff working yet. Who wants to give some assistance with that one? I thought I just had to register the one file in windows and it would work, but it's not so far. Any other drivers I need to load or do I need to launch them a certain way? (ie. via Hyperpin and not just via visual pinball?) i created my ledcontrol.ini on pixels site.

Don't have ay of the LED-Wiz stuff working yet. Who wants to give some assistance with that one? I thought I just had to register the one file in windows and it would work, but it's not so far. Any other drivers I need to load or do I need to launch them a certain way? (ie. via Hyperpin and not just via visual pinball?) i created my ledcontrol.ini on pixels site.

Don't forget to use the core.vbs file that comes with the ledwiz support package. If you want, you can simply modify the core.vbs you have with the following line at the very end of the file:

ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("ledcontrol.vbs")

If you're still having issues, jump into the chatroom in my sig. Lots of people there can help. :)

This is from a post I made on VPF, but I'm including it here for the HP guys. :)

Grab the latest FPLaunch wip9 if you haven't already from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?bwxlu5jjral21wa

Put these files into your Hyperpin directory:

FPLaunch.exe

HPLedControl.exe

HPLedControl.ini

Grab the ledwiz addon from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?9chwnn5n4sj4dce

And grab the latest ledcontrol.vbs from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?flcm2dy252l7tej

Put these files into your VP Tables directory:

core.vbs

ledcontrol.ini (The content of this file is generated using pixelmagic's ledwiz tool)

ledcontrol.vbs

ledwizm05.ocx

Next register the ocx file by typing this on the command line:

Regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Visual Pinball\Tables\ledwizm05.ocx

Just make sure you change the path in the above command to wherever you installed VP

Pixelmagic's tool will configure all the tables for you based on the output assignments you've selected for all your toys / leds, so you won't need to make any modifications unless you don't like the default setup.

Been a little slow on the updates lately. Spending most of my time trying to get the tables running correctly. HUGE thanks to DeeGor for taking the time to call me on the phone and remote control my pin to help me out with a few things. Saved me hours of work! Got the LEDWiz working with the tables now. Way too cool. :thrasher:

I updated the first post with my sound equipment. I will get pics of the speaker wiring and things like that soon.

I also found out that my relay wiring in my pics is not correct. I will get those pics corrected and re-posted soon.

- Bill

You mind sharing what your problems were and how they were resolved? I'm about to take the plunge and fire mine up for the first time. This will be my first time trying to get the ledwiz to work and the IPAC.

Question that I'm sure has been answered but I can't locate it. Do I need a seperate cable for the 2nd player bank on the IPAC? Their is a ground on both sides but I can't tell if my USB will power the whole board or just the bank that it's closest to. I've got so many buttons I need to use both sides :-(

Archived