Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

New Bartop taking shape

richie_jones

The PSU mod idea i borrowed from another build, its pretty straight forward and keeps the back looking really tidy.

The weecade, right? I think i mentioned it in a previous post. I would go so far as to say yours is nicer though. I love what you've done with the mesh over all your fans. is that stapled on or nailed in or something? Where did you pick it up?

Again thanks for the comments people, Hope to have more pics up soon..

Looking forward to seeing them. Your cab is going in my "good ideas" folder for inspiration for any future projects. :top:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sry mack missed this post, the fan grill is secured by the screws going through the fan. I used Some kitchen cabinet connecting bolts to secure the fans to the cab, had to enlarge the screw holes a bit though.

Thanks , hope to have some more pics up soon, going to order the glass next (any advice). Then artwork. I have some space invaders art kindly supplied by Mikekim, but I may go a different route not sure yet...

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Cheers guys...all thats left to do is:

Get the glass...thinking of using car tint film to tint glass , instead of sprayed edges but not sure yet

Install touchpad into control panel...snaptics one ordered from eBay. Still trying to figure out best way for left and right mouse clicks but hopefully tapping the touchpad should still work for left click..

Marquee lights...LEDs ordered

Vinyl gfx...going to email Lucian For quote when decided theme...

Chrome t-moulding ready to go after gfx ...

Finish hyperspin and shell windows...

Just need some funds!!!

Your cab looks amazing so far.

Where did you purchase your speakers and amp? They look pretty sharp.

Also, what kind of techniques did you use to route out your speaker circles and holes in your back panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speakers were off eBay, amp was from china off a link I found in a thread on here somewhere, sry can't remember where..

Speaker circles were carefully cut with a jigsaw although a big hole saw would be better...then I used my router to bevel the edges only 3mm deep but looks better than a straight forward circle...

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Could do with hearing some ideas for fixing the glass to the cab. I'm struggling to come up with any good methods..

As luck would have it I posted on the same topic in my local arcade and retro forum about a week ago.

Here's a link:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81145186&postcount=289

Basically, you rest the glass on batons around its edges underneath it, and make sure it can't move left or right with the sides of the cab, can't slip downwards towards your feet with a lip where it meets the control panel, and can't lift up towards you by locking the top edge down with a thin baton or retainer on the outside, and fitting the control panel over the bottom edge, where the lip is. Removing the panel makes it possible to lift the glass up off the lip and take it out of the cab, but with the panel on it has nowhere to move to.

Cheers mack, I never planned in the fixing of the glass when I designed the CP so the two don't match up at the moment. I'm going to need side rails , yes, and hopefully the lip will be hidden under the CP,

My glass may be to short but was cheep enough, they've also put a stamp in the corner which I'm not to happy about, should cover up though.

Im trying some metal beading to hold the marquee glass in, but in wont be strong enough for the main glass and was being the two surrounds would match,

What's the visable trim like on yours...( I'll take a look on your link)

Cheers mack, I never planned in the fixing of the glass when I designed the CP so the two don't match up at the moment. I'm going to need side rails , yes, and hopefully the lip will be hidden under the CP,

My glass may be to short but was cheep enough, they've also put a stamp in the corner which I'm not to happy about, should cover up though.

Im trying some metal beading to hold the marquee glass in, but in wont be strong enough for the main glass and was being the two surrounds would match,

What's the visable trim like on yours...( I'll take a look on your link)

Pickup some aluminium angle from B&Q for the glass edging.

line the underside with some black insulating tape to stop scratching the glass.

fix with cabinet fixing blocks.

you can spray the aluminium black to match the cab.

Not much, just putting the finishing touches together...biggest headache is stripping my CP down to install the vinyl....

Yeah, I know what you mean. My CP is just the bare plastic, and it's the one thing I would do way differently for any other cabs I ever build. Adding vinyl would have given it a much more professional finish, but it's so much work to strip the CP down now and rebuild it that I just can't face it. Its like spaghetti junction under there and everything is cable tied and locked down it would take ages to make sense of. I'm just glad I did think forward enough to label everything. It's gonna be my next big project, but god knows when I'll get enough peace and quiet to get a good run at it. Could take years, lol.

I should have applied vinyl to it as soon as I took delivery, would have saved so much bother...

I was lucky enough to fit my vinyl before the buttons,I was planning to fit Perspex on top of that but can't be bothered to take it all apart maybe when I do I button upgrade as I'm regretting the multi colour look

[ATTACH]20944[/ATTACH]

What games that on your screen?

Archived