Sign in to follow this  
RetroBorg

Mario vs Donkey Kong MAME Cabinet (Nintendo Reproduction Cabinet)

looking good mate!

how much does a can of that set you back?

$9.72, it will be interesting to see how many I use.

i had a look online.

it said you get 2 sqm out of a can,

so was thinking even if you used at worse case 3 cans per coat, 2 coats, thats only $60

it looks nice and shiny in the photo :)

Thanks for the tip Agrajag, just bought one of them of eBay. Cheers.

No problem! I hope it is still available by the time I'm ready to start building. Can't really justify buying one now and having it sitting in its box losing warranty.

More red pictures, finally coming up nice and glossy after a lot of work fixing up my stuff ups from taking short cuts.

red2fe.jpg

Edited by RetroBorg

Well painting was a real learning curve and the red probably turned out better that I had hoped for but now that I have some painting experience, I know I can do better next time.

redleft.jpg

redcentre.jpg

redright.jpg

that's looking really good! that red paint has come up really shiny.

is that standard width cabinet?

I can't believe u have managed to fit two players with 6buttons and a trackball!

that's looking really good! that red paint has come up really shiny.

is that standard width cabinet?

I can't believe u have managed to fit two players with 6buttons and a trackball!

It is standard width and I did manage to fit all that in there but it's another thing as to whether they will be playable.

The way I look at it is if I find I'm not happy with how cramped the controls are I can always make up another control panel but I'd thought I'd at least try it out.

I like the idea but man that color is blinding me. Have you played around with the color scheme that you've got going on in the marquee's and try to incorporate those in the cab somehow? Like maybe a white cab with an orangesh marquee or something, orange buttons or trackball maybe.

Have you seen a Donkey Kong "orange" or "red" cabinet in real life? They are bright and loud! And I love it!

I painted my MAME cabinet DK orange, and my brothers DK3 red. (if I do another, It will probably be the DK blue)