Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Shay's Cabinet

shaybe

Finally after 10+ years of wanting an arcade cabinet it is happening!

I picked this cabinet up off Craigslist for $60 the first of the year (What a great start to a new year!)

2lo6wbm.jpg

I do not know what type of cabinet it was originally because there is no information on the inside.

I have not decided 100% on a theme, but I do like this idea a lot

66x7bb.jpg

Thoughts?

post-20882-14287066498_thumb.jpg

post-20882-142870664983_thumb.jpeg

***FINISHED***

293jaqu.jpg

that baby is ROUGH, looks like it was in a laundromat for the last decade. But we need more pictures man! I cant tell what type of cab that is, i dont recognize that bezel looking panel above the joysticks. Shes gonna need some love but it looks to be in pretty decent shape. If you trash that marquee, trash it on down to texas to my mailbox lol.

The cabinet is a bit rough, and I'm sure it sat somewhere dirty for a long time. I opened up the control panel and found this dirt.

24bu92s.jpg

Than after wiping it down

zlaqsz.jpg

Not to mention the inch of dust inside the cab and the 8 dead spiders and one live one! hahaha.

Also, here is a side view and closeup of the control panel open from the side, maybe someone will be able to identify this thing!

23j4uiq.jpg

2mhahyp.jpg

Yes, the upper part helps hold the glass in. And I was thinking that would be a great place for my admin buttons! It will just have to be a little bit lover because of the overlap from the glass and wood the monitor will sit on.

I will have to look up Final Fight Cabinets and see if we have a match. There are a couple holes in this control panel and I wasn't sure I would be able to make a new design in it, but after looking into it I have found people saying bondo will fill the holes and allow me to redrill, anyone have any experience with this?

yeah ive done that before, dont use bondo though, find some heavy duty wood filler. after about 2 days worth of drying you can drill right through it like its wood

Interesting, do you have any specific product I should look into? Wood filler will work better on a metal CP?

Your proposed colour scheme looks really cool. Side art definitely needs work though. Good luck with your build...mine is taking forever!

I actually did not make the image, I found it searching Google when I had the idea for a Nintendo theme cabinet. For now I will probably leave the sides blank because no one is ever going to see the sides where it is located, hahaha.

Interesting, do you have any specific product I should look into? Wood filler will work better on a metal CP?

I actually did not make the image, I found it searching Google when I had the idea for a Nintendo theme cabinet. For now I will probably leave the sides blank because no one is ever going to see the sides where it is located, hahaha.

lol im a dumbass, forgot your panel is metal. I dont know about bondo, but I was going ATTEMPT(never did it) to cut a circle of metal just about the same size of the button hole and then fill in the rest with JB weld. Im not really sure what the best way to go about that is.

Today was a good mail day! Got my 2 Zero Delay encoders and some token samples! Also, I found a real cool local guy who got me a new coin reject button and two coin mechs.

293blgh.jpg

The wires are a lot shorter than I thought they would be, I'm going to have to make some longer ones to reach my coin mechs.

2yzht75.jpg

Now it looks like I need to start searching on craigslist for someone who can weld, since I have no experience there!

Today was a good mail day! Got my 2 Zero Delay encoders and some token samples! Also, I found a real cool local guy who got me a new coin reject button and two coin mechs.

293blgh.jpg

The wires are a lot shorter than I thought they would be, I'm going to have to make some longer ones to reach my coin mechs.

2yzht75.jpg

Now it looks like I need to start searching on craigslist for someone who can weld, since I have no experience there!

I can hook you up if needed. Just gotta pay for the shipping. As far as the welding is concerned. I'll weld for free since you're my buddy :)

Finally after 10+ years of wanting an arcade cabinet it is happening!

I picked this cabinet up off Craigslist for $60 the first of the year (What a great start to a new year!)

2lo6wbm.jpg

I do not know what type of cabinet it was originally because there is no information on the inside.

I have not decided 100% on a theme, but I do like this idea a lot

66x7bb.jpg

Thoughts?

It's an Atari cabinet. Black Widow, Gravitar, Quantum, Space Duel and a few others use the same cab design. Here is a gravitar

gravitar3.jpg

Since it's clear you don't have any interest in restoring the cab to its original glory, Best thing you can do is simply find a new, thin piece of metal to go on top of your existing control panel from curve to curve. Have someone spot weld some areas for you. Then you can fill the seems with JB weld and feather them out. Then you can buy some arcade CP artwork to lay right over it and nobody would ever see the seams.

Thanks to my friend at work who soldered some longer cable to my coin mechs, tested and working!

2zzji4w.jpg

Also, who knew a 5x9 baking pan would be perfect for catching coins? Hahaha

Try your best to use crimp connectors next time. If you ever run into a wire issue, troubleshooting soldered joints is going to be a nightmare.

Archived