Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

SORHP's Mid-Sized Versus machine

SORHP

Guess what!! Finishing your graphics now.. finally.. after I dont even know how many months! lol.. I sold my share of my tat shop so I officially have more time for things in life now.. and I got a kid on the way coming this next May so until then I will finally have some free time. After May not so much.. lol

Here is something I came up with.. I decided not to have any characters on it and instead be something simple and kind of what Nintendo might have done if it was a little more modern. Let me know what you think. I love it, but then again everyone has their own opinion. :)

EntireMiniVsKit.jpg

Another idea for the bezels which I think are pretty cool.

EntireVsKit3bezel.jpg

A quick mock up..

VSnintendo.jpg

• 4 months later...

Getting closer....

1st computer programmed, all wood finished, decals applied ( Thanks a million RidicRick!!! arcadeskin.com )

8552848878_2a5e993e02_z.jpg

next... setting up 2nd computer, networking them, setting up file syncing to keep both sets of HS a perfect match, then finalizing the installation of materials... after that... laugh in the face of boredom!

Thank you guys!, I just ordered an off-lease computer from tiger, the old dell I was trying to use was sucky, so hopefully, by the end of next week I can get a video of everything in action, I thought about posting plans for it , but after I drew the plans, and then started making the little beast, dimensions changed and everything got off from the plans too much to document the changes, so If I ever do this again, I will scour the inet to find plans for the original versus machine, or just find a red-tent shell

• 2 weeks later...

just a little update... things are moving nicely, got windows mostly hidden on both machines, and got the power switches installed and working, as well as the kvm switching to make the theory all possible! see that red light button?... yep, that switches player 2 from being stand-alone to sharing player 1's screen and becoming actual player 2 for player 1's machine, I'll post a good video soon of it all in action as soon as I get everything back on and I'm waiting on one little graphic piece from RidicRick to polish it up!

8604313553_3fb8a60371_z.jpg

quick question, I know the Dell splash screen in the bios is hard wired into the bios, is there a good bios hack anyone knows of to get it removed?

... if not, I thought about putting a monkey in the machine to hold a black piece of paper in front of the monitors until HS loads,good Idea I think!?!

Happy Easter Everyone, Jesus Lives!

nitussi:

Awesome Idea, how did you embed win xp on the drive, I'm curious to know!

Can't believe I didn't catch this ..there is the hard way and an easy way. The hard way really sucks and the easy way is to use "Easyboot", the problem with easyboot is at bootup the word "easyboot" appears in colorful letters. Been pulling my hair out trying to find out exactly where it's located at in the program to remove it and replace with my own. It's not that bad because the letters are colorful and arcade like. It's only there for boot-up tho. I used usb 8GB thumb drives instead of hard drives when I built those four cabinets for my nephew and cousins. It was easy, since they all used the same type computer; just made one thumb drive and replicated it.

Besides for the one minute boot-up time ..once the OS starts, hyperspin is just as normal as if it were on a HD. I have to look-up the details, so if you are still interested let me know and I will get started.

Can't wait to see this cab finished! Nice!

@nitussi

thanks for the reply! Ive already gotten way into this to put xp on a drive,but one day I might need to do a small hard-drive-less build and I'm going to want to know what ya did...

OK! for the main Event...

Got the hardware 99.9% complete!

so here yall go, some goodies to look at

8625886691_e54b98eef3_z.jpg

8626996358_5443a2c304_z.jpg

8625890385_cddde4cb11_z.jpg

8627000610_7e615c6be4_z.jpg

8627015134_f41ec87ea2_z.jpg

Video to come soon and some more pictures of the interrior and both systems operating different computers

8625965559_a15a83208d_z.jpg

volume control

8625966281_fa5f43a330.jpg

I have to give a shout out to Koolbrez67! and RidicRick!

dude your'e nintendo vs theme was the inspiration behind this build, it took over a year, and I almost didn't finish it, I put the cab in storage for 6 months, and then one day I was back in HS and played some Rush-n-Attack in your Nintendo theme, and it brought me back to wanting to finish this cab, even though there are several mis-cuts on the wood and the design I had in mind never seemed quite right when I started to get things put together, I actually went back to the drawing board several times during the building phase, because I was so pissed at how the progress was going. The angle of the lower coindoor panels was off, the glass was not lining up with the lines of the cab, which caused me to have to make a major cut on the top that killed the chance of adding t-moulding to to top and embedding marquee's into the wood, but it all worked out in the end, a little wood glue, some expensive hardware from mikesarcade.com and great graphics from ridic rick made this pop like corn on christmas! what the hell am I saying?!? It's late, thanks again RidicRick, Koolbrez67, jeepguy81, donnei1979, cmoses, chillinwater, BBB, nitussi, THK, boohiss, s1nharvest, and others that I will have to edit this post for once I can wake back up... and countless others I will add to this list in the years to come for yalls help along the way! stop reading this crap and go play some video games!!!

go there already!!! arcadeskin.com

SORHP That is one Kool dual Cab brother. I hope to one day own a Nintendo Dual Vs Arcade machine. I love all your cabs those are the styles of games I like to play. RidicRick great clean artwork as always. you all have a great weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

You bet, played it for a while this weekend, although the t mounding I put on it has come loose, going to replace it soon. My kids were babies when I built it, now they’re turning it on and playing it by themselves, awesome to watch them get excited to play it.

Archived