Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

High Voltage pin 46/27/DMD

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks gents :beer:

Got a little delivery today that I have been checking the mail for everyday for the last couple of weeks...

My custom resistor boards ...... :thrasher:

P1010883.JPG

The one on the top left is for the playfield and the one on the bottom right is for the backbox.

One of the requests my brother had for his cabinet was to make the playfield LED's adjustable. Sure you want them bright but would be nice if the eyes weren't damaged in the process.

I was a bit stuck on how to do it. A resistive pot in series with each led would do it, but a PITA to adjust them all for a quickgame as you would need 15. One large variable reistor in series with the supply to adjust the common voltage would work, but one that would be big enough for the job would look like the big ceramic tube type that need a socket set and screwdriver to adjust it... Less than convenient. :)

Then I came across these DC-DC converters.

It's the little green board fitted to mine below

P1010885.JPG

So now I can run my Crees on the playfield at the full 700 mA if I want or with a quick turn of a reisitive pot just inside the coin door,

dial up any brightness I want. The sockets I am using are a mini version of the same sockets used on ATX mother boards.

As I am running this board with 5 volts that will be limited to a maximum of 3.9, the reistors can be a lot smaller. These ones are rated at 3 watts.

Anyone still waiting on my coin door boards, please be paitient. There was a little mix up that is being sorted and I hope to see them very soon.

Professional grade boards ! Those DC-DC converters utilise Pulse Width Modulation to control voltage ?

Nice silkscreen print, like the "Danger High Voltage Pinball" logo, how cool is it having your name on those puppies ?

Got a bit done over the weekend finally.

Custom plugs for the LEDs were time consuming but worth it.

P1010886.JPG

Mounted the resistor board and terminated all the LEDs and Strobe Crees.

P1010888.JPG

Mounted the DMD, speakers and monitor. Just used a couple of lengths of aluminum angle to mount the monitor. Once decased the monitor had a few threaded holes on the side that were the same thread as motherboard mounting screws (the tight thread ones from Lian li, etc). So I attached some angle onto the monitor, the same on the backbox and bolted the two together. Easy!

P1010890.JPG

Little bit to go on the backbox now... and have to track down a nice Williams logo to fit the spot below the DMD. :D

P1010892.JPG

Hello Spinners,

I wanted to share the artwork I've made for Maxxsinner's twin cab build for him and his bro's machine; Kingpin - Bride of Pinbot!

This is my third custom design and I must say it's one of my favorites so far, I love purple. It's been great working with Ben. He's been open to ideas and we found a gret way to jazz up a classic; like the KP tatoo on the Bride's butt on the top design. Top, side and front have been nearly complete and we're waiting to make adjustments to the final decals soon. I'm looking forward to seeing this design on the cab in all its glory.

His High Voltage cab is just off the chain sick. I love the illustrated design and have been really impressed with it. The colors, energy... you name it. These two machines should be pretty sweet and I can't wait to hear the feedback on both.

I started out making Dazz's Twlight then 85vette's Hotrod Pinball and now Kingpin. I'm also working with Bowman Signs on some generic HyperSpin decal kits. Maxxsinner also commissioned me to design a Bioshock custom cab. I'll post that design in the forums.

I’m looking forward to designing number 4. I’ve had a few more contacts and hope to have more members let me know what they’re hoping to do with their killer machines.

Thanks guys, all the best!

Josh

post-20148-14287057753_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870577522_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870577527_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the hard work that you have put into these Josh.

They have turned out better than I could have imagined.

If you looking for a custom design gents, hit Josh up. He is so easy to deal with and has some great ideas.

Once the Shadman is all done....on to Lucian for some of his magic prints.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers Josh.

Work has stolen a lot of my time of late so progress has come to a slow pace... but got a few little things done.

One thing that I loved about Chris's builds is his attention to detail. I really believe that seperates the good cabinets from the great ones.

So stumbing around the net one night I found this forum post - http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=2468.0 for some nicely done 'push to reject' or 'insert coin' labels.

With a little modding I came up with these

P1010926.JPG

And as I asked on another thread, I was dying to get hold of some old 20 cent Australian coin mechs.

Found a guy on Ebay in the end that had a couple of spares laying around that he was happy to part with.

Came home to a little package today

P1010924.JPG

2 x 20 cent coin mechs! And they work perfect.

More updates soon.... I hope :cheers:

Thanks Zeb.

Wanted a Williams logo below the DMD so had a chat to a local sign writer and took him an old WPC95 speaker panel as a reference.

Here is a shot of the results. The top one is the reference speaker panel

P1010928.JPG

I cannot get a shot that does it justice!

If anyone wants one, he is selling them for $20 each :D

Dude this design came out awesome! I love Shadman's design. The colors are great. The half tone power coils in the background faded add depth, the lightning adds energy. The guy looks fantastic. Great design!!

This cab has all the makings of a professional grade machine. I can't wait to see it complete and next to the BOP cab.

Cheers!

Josh

Dude this design came out awesome! I love Shadman's design. The colors are great. The half tone power coils in the background faded add depth, the lightning adds energy. The guy looks fantastic. Great design!!

This cab has all the makings of a professional grade machine. I can't wait to see it complete and next to the BOP cab.

Cheers!

Josh

Thanks Josh. Cannot wait to see them both up and running myself! :D

Got around to welding up the draw frame and installing the runners. Gone for the dual draws again as it worked well for me last time.

20120812_182702.jpg

20120812_154444.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived