Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Wreck-It-Ralph (Fix It Felix Jr) cab project.

RidicRick

Yeah I noticed that too when I watched the trailer, also noticed it wasn't a Nintendo cab either. From the marketing team, to the animation team they all probably have different ideas and views of what the arcade cab should look like. The marketing team had it right doing a Nintendo cab since it is basically a ripoff of Donkey Kong.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't gotten as far as I promised. Ended up taking the day off yesterday and hanging out with the family. I got through the logo pretty quick. Still needs some tweaks. FYI, they use Hobo for the logo font. Once I get the rest of it traced out, I can match your color values so the yellows, blues, etc. match.

30mu7bt.png

Also here is a great video of the cab. I am pretty sure the web game does not have the elaborate intro as this one does. I can do all kinds of animation with those sprites Rain grabbed as well if need be.

Alright.. for the most part the CPO, marquee, and bezel are done. Just waiting on billpa to finish the side art. Hurry up billpa! :P I will be printing what I have done tomorow and installing it that night with the exception of the new control panel I had donated to me that wont arrive until later next week. This project is coming along fast, should be done by next weekend, even if I have to run the game in the browser for now. Thanks everyone for helping me, it really means a lot. Talking with the local theater to have it displayed during the first day of the movie when it comes out, also maybe could get my local news there.

Here are the little sample pics of what I have done so far. About 11 hours total of tracing from google images so of course this isnt a 100% replica or perfect.

FIF_marquee_done.jpg

FIF_bezel_done.jpg

FIF_cpo_done.jpg

punkpolitical, That must be the bezel from Felix in the Galaga cab. Thats cool.. where did you get that?

billpa, thats cool, I am printing the stuff I did tonight and I will print yours tomorrow. :)

edit: I am actually going to wait until yours is done to print, just in case I like your colors better and I will be using your felix logo throughout the prints instead of mine since yours is more accurate using the font.

punkpolitical, That must be the bezel from Felix in the Galaga cab. Thats cool.. where did you get that?

billpa, thats cool, I am printing the stuff I did tonight and I will print yours tomorrow. :)

edit: I am actually going to wait until yours is done to print, just in case I like your colors better and I will be using your felix logo throughout the prints instead of mine since yours is more accurate using the font.

I made it in photoshop from pictures on the web. I started looking around and found this thread. Thought i would share what i had done. Love that you are making this into a real thing.

I can guarantee it wont be til tonight. I still have some work to do on it. As far as the colors go, you will probably have a better match since I was just sampling what was in the photo I worked from. If you have a decent trace of Ralph's face already, post it up on this thread and I will use it for his character. It's hard to get a decent trace off of what I have so far.

Honestly I just threw that large pic punkpolitical posted into vector magic and it turned out great. If you want I can just do the side art since I am bored out of my mind right now.. but I would like to get that logo you did from you. Otherwise I can wait until tonight for you to finish it.. either way doesnt matter to me. I have a lot of time to spare today. :)

bigfelix.jpg

Awesome thanks billpa! I should have everything I need now to finish it all up in a few minutes here then I will print these up!! :) I'm pretty stoked to get these on my cab, I might even come back to my shop tonight to laminate them and install the graphics tonight.. lol

edit: I am going to use your guy you drew because it matches the nintendo cab version and the other guy I used vector magic on is for the galaga felix cab.

Thanks *billpa for helping with the graphics, saved me a lot of time, *Rain for also helping with images and info, *punkpolitical for a few large images, and a few guys from the KLOV forums for getting me the Control Panels (which I hope come in this week), and anyone else I may have forgotten. Hopefully one of you guys/gals will get the browser version of the game ported over to a non browser version. Woot.. this project is almost done!!

No problem...wish I had more free time. I am going to continue tracing out what I have. I would like to eventually have it blocked out so I could make stencils. Definitely post pics when you get those applied. I am pretty stoked to see the final product!

Archived