Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

CUSTOM ARTWORK - Graphic Design services for your cabinets

Hello spinners & pinners,

My name is Josh White and I've been making some custom Pinball cab designs for members. I started with Dazz's Twilight Tribute HyperPin 2125 at the Texas Pinball Convention in March this year. Since then I've done a few more designs and wanted to offer my services.

I'm a broadcast senior graphic designer with 18 years’ experience in design for tv, print & web. I've got my BFA in Art at the University of Rhode Island and started working for NBC out of college. We moved around the country a few times and now our family lives in Texas.

I love making design work for people. This venture is a true calling back to my roots as an artist learning about Art History and making creative design work. TV pays the bills but this is more fun!

I’ve been offering a 20% discount for gold members. I charge $25 an hour and send samples throughout the build. We start with the basic concept then get going on the elements needed for the cab. I can design standup arcade machines as well. Marquees, instruction decals, control panels, the whole deal. I'm quick with all the programs designers use today. I run both Mac & PC at home. 2D, 3D - all the Adobe stuff. I have tons of experince in digital design which saves you time and money.

I'm working with Bowman Signs in Connecticut, all my designs have been printed by Bradley and we are working on creating some generic design cabs that can easily be customized and made to spec. His shop is second to none and I enjoy seeing his prints on member’s cabs, they look outstanding!

Please check out my work and let me know if you'd like to hire me for your next project.

Thank you, all the best!

Josh

post-20148-142870577548_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870577552_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870577554_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870577556_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870577558_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870577559_thumb.jpg

post-20148-14287057756_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870577565_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870577567_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870577568_thumb.jpg

Edited by dfwArcade

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You produce some really nice work dfwArcade.

I know every piece will be different, but on average, how many hours will it take to produce side art for a pincab? This will give people some idea to the cost so they can budget it in properly.

Thanks DeeGor,

I was thinking of adding some info like that but it all depends on the clients needs. Roughly these designs so far have been about 15-25 hours to create. Based on what the client wants I start with an intial low rez side art concept then we move on from there.

Dazz's Twilight was all vector and that took the most time. Add 3D and the process can add up time wise. It all falls on what the idea is and what we need to do to get there.

I love your Batpin! Beautiful, clean and really pops off the cab. I've seen other illustrations by him and love his style. I know illustration takes more time and anything professional looking adds up. How many hours did it take to make Batpin?

Here's a good example of the process. I'll be making a TNMT design from my brothers old school black and white large format comics. Since I can scan bw art and not have to spend as much time cleaning up full color art I'll spend about 20 hours on the project. It'll have more detail in it then some other projects for that amount of time because I won't have to be prepping the subject matter and I can spend that time on design elements throughout the design.

Thanks for the reply, looking forward to hearing more about artwork from the community. I appreciate you asking questions.

Thank you,

Josh

HIGHLY recommended everyone! Mine is the Hot Rod Pinball cab. Art looks AMAZING and the best part was Josh is very easy to work with. Couple pics of the decals installed. I also highly recommend Brad for the printing.

post-50367-142870577605_thumb.jpg

post-50367-142870577599_thumb.jpg

post-50367-142870577603_thumb.jpg

Hello spinners & pinners,

I'm working with Bowman Signs in Connecticut, all my designs have been printed by Bradley and we are working on creating some generic design cabs that can easily be customized and made to spec. His shop is second to none and I enjoy seeing his prints on member’s cabs, they look outstanding!

beautiful work, I will be looking forward to see some of the generic designs as I have no artistic talent to 1) make a design 2) think about what them I would like :)

I'm not sure how many hours it ended up taking. Will need to ask gBeef. He ended up charging me a flat rate as long as it didn't exceed a certain time frame.

Your Artwork was about 20 hours, but usually try and keep it in the same timeline as dfwArcade. It really all depends on the project and what assets are available. You have some nice work dfwArcade.

Thanks gbeef! Just trying to follow your lead.

I'll be posting a generic 3D Hyper Pin custom design with Bowman Signs next week. I'd love to hear your take on that design.

I appreciate the compliments; I hope to have some more cool looking designs in the near future. I've been inspired by your artwork!

All the best!!

Noob question. If I had you do a design for my standard cab project, what do I do with it? Take it to a print shop or the like? Anyone know what the approx. cost of that?

Thanks

Bowman Signs - does a great job with printing. Projects normally need to be quoted. Just send him a message.

Noob question. If I had you do a design for my standard cab project, what do I do with it? Take it to a print shop or the like? Anyone know what the approx. cost of that?

Thanks

Standard cabs cost $170 shipped in the US. This includes 2 sides, front, 2 side back boxes.

Bowman Signs - does a great job with printing. Projects normally need to be quoted. Just send him a message

Thanks for the kind words!

• 3 months later...

Guys, I have been working with Josh White and Brad at Bowman. Top notch guys for your artwork needs. My artwork has not been 100% complete yet, but should be real soon. Josh is an amazing artist (you will soon see more of his work on my cab). I'm so excited with the job that has been done so far. Within the next couple weeks, look for my posting of my cab with the artwork. I'm so thrilled with these guys it's not funny. I highly recomend them both. You will not be let down at all. They are Amazing!

Hello Spinners & Pinners!

Here’s an art design update for some new projects I've completed with some great member ideas.

Please check out some of our new custom design projects:

Metalliball was made into a great Pin Dude collage cooked up by Eddie in Cali. This project really represents the essence of the band with some great pinball figures acting out songs. What a great idea for a themed cab. I can see other classic rock bands getting this treatment.

Brad at Bowman Signs in Connecticut & I have been hammering away his Video Man design and we're nearing the finish line. From where we started and what’ll be the final phase has been a great exercise in making something killer kool!

Andy & Tom in Georgia have started what should be a great Hyper Pin Generic design to update the skins we've all admired on the forums of classic pinball. Please check out what billpa's logo looks like in 3D with a dfwArcade twist on the new classics like Iron Man, Spider Man, Tron, Batman & Terminator.

Brad (Bowmansign.com) & I are going to be offering a generic Hyper Pin pinball decal set. This design was brought about with the cooperation of billpa the designer of the HP logo. We'll have a decal set ready for purchase and may require some tweaking to fit particular cabinets. The design is truly a work of art. I'd like to thank our generous member’s community for sharing ideas and resources to make this possible.

Please keep an eye out for the details that will soon be posted. If you have any questions or need additional information please send me a message.

Thank you, Respectfully yours!

Josh

post-20148-142870581065_thumb.jpg

post-20148-14287058103_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870581032_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870581036_thumb.jpg

post-20148-14287058104_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870581043_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870581061_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870581062_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thx Josh for all your hard work. It was a blast working with you!

Married with kids, coaches their teams, works a full time job and still has time for us, thank you!

I highly recommend Josh,

Easy to work with, down to earth kinda guy,

Fast emails and updates on the progress,

20% off and

Can do total CUSTOM work and can make your Dreams or Vision a Reality.

For me, First impressions are important and the artwork is the first thing people will see when they come over. I want people to say, "WOW" when they see it cause i know they will say "WOW" when they play it!!!!

thx Josh again and i will start my thread soon, now that i have the most important thing checked off my list!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Eddie,

what a pleasure making this project with you. It's a real head turner and head banger to say the least. I truly enjoyed bringing your idea to life.

Metallica is such a great band and have worldwide recognition that making these 'Pin Dudes' act out a story through music was a great fit for this project. I'm looking forward to seeing her complete and hope to see it in person someday.

Thanks Eddie, all the best!!

Josh

post-20148-142870582027_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870582024_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870582029_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870582031_thumb.jpg

Hello Pinners!

Finally, here are the designs I made for the new Hyperpin decal set. They're available in 2 flavors. A Generic set (2 sides, 2 tops & 1 front) & a Deluxe set that adds a inner set (1back and 2 sides) and a speaker bezel.

Brad (Lucian045) and I will be able to custom fit your requests using this design to skin your cabs. Please contact us about placing orders and get details on shipping and custom artwork additions to this design if desired. Brad will post a Custom Print thread about ordering sets on the forums.

If you have any questions, concerns or just want to talk cab artwork design please send me a message.

Thank you!

Josh

post-20148-142870582043_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870582032_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870582036_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870582038_thumb.jpg

post-20148-14287058204_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...