Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSync Technical Support

Rain

This is the help desk for HyperSync, if you are experiencing technical difficulties running, installing or using the application please post technical questions here so that one of the assigned technical support members can assist you.

Please note that this area is not for bug reports, please post bug reports on the bug tracker located here.

Thanks for your support!

Please make sure you have THIS installed before posting about any probelms!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I attempted to run HyperSync and Norton block it and remove HyperSync.

Any help is welcome!

Norton is very picky by nature, the only suggestion I can give and probably the best is to remove Norton. Most computer repair technicians will not even suggest it as an anti-virus, as most these days suggest Microsoft Security Essentials for protection. I really can't say much else, but Norton sometimes even sees HyperSpin itself as a threat. Toss of the dice I suppose, I will forward this to JHABERS and see what he has to say on the subject. Thanks for the report.

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently ran into a problem. I posted this in another location (in a post about Don's tools), but this might be the proper place as it is a HyperSync issue.

I cannot get my HyperSync to sync NES or SNES files. It appears to be searching, but never finding the ROMs. This would make sense if the ROMs were misnamed.

I did DL the files (torrent) and used Don's Tools (renamer) to change the names. Ran into an issue with Nestopia running properly and soon after found out there was a newer version of the Renamer (RC2).

I installed that and no problems running NES on Nestopia. Installed SNES using ZSNESW. Got that running no problem (had to use the renamer again with these ROMs).

Everything runs inside and out properly from Hyperspin.

However, Sync'ing is another issue.

The only thing that is syncing properly for NES & SNES is the images/Letters folder.

Otherwise it just runs a search for both nintendo systems and I get bubkis.

I thought I might have screwed something up with the hypersync, so I deleted the content in my Daphne Wheel folder (aren't as many images to download again).

Ran sync and wallah, I have content in the Daphne Wheel folder.

Yet nuttin when I do the NES & SNES. I've even unlinked and relinked thinking that I might have somehow screwed something up when I changed a folder name.

Nope.

Seems to come back to NES & SNES - and as such the only thing I have done differently is to use the renamer.

I don't really mind, I mean I have FTP access @ Hyperspin. I have bought access on emumovies also, so I could just dump all the artwork that way, but I'd like to have the ability to sync stuff if things change.

The new HyperSync will have the movie sync... but at this point I can't sync anything other than Letters (and possibly anything non ROM related i.e. pointers... as I haven't checked that)

Let me know what kind of info you need from this HyperNewb and I'll do what I can to supply you with it.

Anyone else having these issues? Any help? Ideas? Places for me to go to search for answers?

Thanks.

Hello Rain,

First of all, thanks for your great program !

I've run into a strange issue, I just tried HyperSync (copied it into my Hyperspin folder / entered my user/password / using 2.0.0.15 version etc.) and it seems like HyperSync doesn't find any of my systems, all the buttons are greyed, and when I try to hookup systems in the options, the "link system" option is also greyed out. I can only create a new wheel, but as there is no other system I can't create it (it won't go further than the up / under question).

I've been reading through the forums to find some solutions, but I really can't figure it out.

Your help would be greatly appreciated as I'm absolutely clueless :/

here is a screenshot of my issue :

post-12098-142870579969_thumb.jpg

I just can't link systems, my only option is to create a new one with the setup system button. could it be a directory issue ?

I seem to be having a similar problem to Skullboy. Hypersync doesn't seem to be seeing my roms. I have tried Atari 2600 and Atari 5200 and get the same result for both. System themes and letters download ok but unless I tick the box to sync artwork even if rom file is not present I don't get any game artwork. Does Hypersync pickup the rom directory from hyperspin? Or have I missed a setting to point it at my roms?

If I go to the per game settings in either system all of the games are highlighted in red (Rom file missing). As far as I know my roms are correctly named and they seem to match the names in Hypersync.

Other than that problem, Hypersync seems to be brilliant and will be money well spent for anyone setting up Hyperspin. The problem isn't too bad for me as I am aiming to have a complete collection of everything so want all artwork anyway so I will leave the download even if Rom file is missing enabled.

Ignore everything in my previous post. I closed Hypersync and opened it again and when I added the Atari 7800 it found the roms. I checked the 2 Atari systems I had previously added and had problems with and it had found the roms for those systems as well.

Excellent program, this will save months of work. Can't wait for my EmuMovies discount code and the ability to download the videos through Hypersync :)

And here I thought I had a compadre in this. Now I'm all alone in the cold. :dontknow:

(As a side note, I did try to unlink / close / start / link.... still no go to linking anything other than the above mentioned letters and system theme)

Allow me to remote with you and help you figure it out. :)

One thing I would have to say to anyone suffering from minor problems is hang in there. HyperSync 2.0 Final Edition is just right around the corner and I think everybody will have awesome luck with it!

• 4 weeks later...

HyperSync sometimes stops syncing and play the done tune / moves on to the next media type.

Like when I synced the boxart for SNES I only got A-D and then it jumped over to syncing the wheels A-C and then off to the Videos...

Quite frustrating as I only get a little bit and have to sync it all again and watch it go through from letter A once again. :motz:

Btw, is it normal with like 2-3 ROM titles / sec. searching for video syncing?

(Maybe I should update as I'm running final beta 2.0 atm) :D

Super neat tool though! :lollypop:

I tried to setup Hypersync with my accounts from hyperspin and emumovies.

For Hyperspin my account data is ok but for emumovies i get "could not verify account information. Try again"

Maybe the load for emumovies is too high at the moment.

Download Service Utility from Emumovies is also not able to login.

HyperSync sometimes stops syncing and play the done tune / moves on to the next media type.

Like when I synced the boxart for SNES I only got A-D and then it jumped over to syncing the wheels A-C and then off to the Videos...

Quite frustrating as I only get a little bit and have to sync it all again and watch it go through from letter A once again. :motz:

Btw, is it normal with like 2-3 ROM titles / sec. searching for video syncing?

(Maybe I should update as I'm running final beta 2.0 atm) :D

Super neat tool though! :lollypop:

I nor anybody else have ever encountered any issue with it only syncing XXX-XXX per sync; the system is not setup to handle the synchronization in that manner. However, if you are experiencing technical difficulties I would suggest downloading the new version which will be available shortly. As far as the 2 - 3 ROM titles per second with EmuMovies I can repeat that (though typically mine searches 5-10 per second.) If you are on a lower end machine I suggest turning off verify files from the settings menu, this will bypass the CRC check of each file and greatly increase your overall speed. Thanks for the comment!

I tried to setup Hypersync with my accounts from hyperspin and emumovies.

For Hyperspin my account data is ok but for emumovies i get "could not verify account information. Try again"

Maybe the load for emumovies is too high at the moment.

Download Service Utility from Emumovies is also not able to login.

You need to make sure that you are logging into both utilities using your site login information and not your FTP credentials; also please ensure that you are running Microsoft .NET 4.0 Full Package which can be obtained from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Thanks Rain for your suggestions but I already downloaded the full .NET package and installed it.

After that I rebooted my machine and started hypersync.

But I experience problems also with the Download Tool from emumovies. I had it already working so my login data should be ok. So I thought there would an overload to the emumovies server.

I will download the Package for .NET again. Maybe something missed.

After a new restart of my pc i got the login to emumovies working.

Then I updated Hypersync to the new version and I am getting "Houston we have a problem" message. After that I click on Resync and get the message "Hypersync is already running." So I exited the program and checked that with the Task-Manager and started the program again.

Loading from Hyperbase is ok but I cannot sync now and get the same error.

Should I delete HyperSync and start again from scratch?

Archived