Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSync Technical Support

Rain

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like your game xml database has some problems. If you generated the xml with an older version of rom-to-xml tools, they put in the & sign. HLHQ and HyperSync need to have the correct xml (without the spaces):

& amp ;

I ran into this when I upgraded from HL2 to RL.

Might not be the same issue, but that's what I experienced. If so, try using the new HyperTools in the download section.

EDIT: They are located in ...HyperSpin\Databases\{System}

Make sure they are even there. If not download them from HyperList.

Thanks,

Ron

07:41:30:371 | HL | ERROR | +9610 | Cannot find C:\Games\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch\Module Extensions\7z.exe

Please change 7z_Path in your HyperLaunch.ini to where 7z.exe is located.

Default location is "C:\Games\Hyperspin\Hyper Spin\HyperLaunch\Module Extensions"

Not sure what code tags are but that is the log and the exact message I keep getting.

Maybe someone wiser than me can address the error you are getting. Sounds like you have .7z enabled but the compression/decompression program is not installed.

It should have come with HyperLaunch. Are the required files there? Maybe your directory structure for the files are not right.

Not sure what code tags are...

CODE tags help keep the post small if you are posting a huge log file. They also will not modify the text put in between the CODE tags. You can do this by hitting the Go Advanced button at the bottom of your reply, selecting the text you want and hitting the CODE button. The icon is: #

Or typing the open code tag [ CODE] (without the space between the [ and the C) and putting a close code tag at the end [ /CODE] (again, without the space).

In the preview and in the actual post, it will look like this:

07:41:30:371 | HL |    ERROR  | +9610  | Cannot find C:\Games\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch\Module Extensions\7z.exe
Please change 7z_Path in your HyperLaunch.ini to where 7z.exe is located.
Default location is "C:\Games\Hyperspin\Hyper Spin\HyperLaunch\Module Extensions"

Hope this helps...

Ron

Thanks but still no luck! I updated the XML file from the board and got rid of the old one (it was different). Still having the same error in Hyperlaunch HQ AND the same on in Sync. =(

Hmmm. Bugger it I'll ask the obvious question.

Do you have 7zip installed on your PC?

Oh and I'll ask another question or two that may seem obvious but is related.

Is the Database you are using from HyperList and if so when you open the XML are there any games listed? Reason I ask is there are quite a few blanks on the list.

Secondly on HyperLaunchHQ is the system you are trying to setup showing up with the correct icon and name and it is able to launch games for that system you are trying to sync?

This is sounding more like something missing with HyperLaunch and an empty DB file. The fact that you are having issues with 7z.exe kinda tells me you might not have everything setup yet an really has nothing to do with Hypersync.

Oh and your log says your default folder is C:\Games\Hyperspin\ is that really where it is? I always recommend that you use default for everything which means

C:\Hyperspin

C:\Hyperspin\Hyperlaunch

C:\Hyperspin\Hyperlaunch\HyperLaunchHQ

I know it should not make a difference but when people make custom scripts and funky stuff you may want to use down the track they will assume everything is in the default folders.

Myhyperlaunch folder looked empty so I tried to unzip it again and got an error emssage : Extracting to "C:\Games\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch\"

Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no

Extracting Media\Music\_Default\01 - Prelude.mp3

Irrecoverable Error: Extract operation failed.

This could be a part of it, I assume.

Another issue, I did nNOT have 7zip. i was using winzip. i downloaded it and changed the directories to what you had suggested but now nothing happens at all when I highlight a game in Hyperlaunch HQ and click the rocket icon. I have a feeling that this is getting worse. I wish I were better at this sort of thing!

Don't change folders and things. Leave your current system intact in your Games\Hyperspin folder and make a new folder C:\Hyperspin and work from that. Start from the beginning (as long as you have the HD space) and download all of the packages again. Open each package with 7Zip and test the archive before you extract it just to make sure. Also turn off your malware scanners and maybe look at what your antivirus is doing when you download these packages as it can grab files and stop them from unzipping cause it thinks it is a virus. (No virii are anywhere on this site ever) You might even consider shutting your antivirus down until you have everything unzipped and such if you are having problems that way. Make sure you get every package and put it into those folders. Remember to have a look in the Hyperlaunch\Settings\Global Emulators.ini file and see what emulator you need and double click on the emulator module in Hyperlaunch to get the download location. Don't forget to test each emulator you are going to use and ensure any bios you need has been supplied to the emulator and you can open a game (you may have to unzip the game to test it for some emulators) make sure you put your emulators in the folder you see listed in the Global Emulators.ini file (I recommend making your emulators folder in C:\Hyperspin\Emulators or C:\Hyperspin\Hyperlaunch\Emulators as the first one I can confirm works fine or if you are paranoid like me you can use absolute paths to the emulator executables rather than relative. Once you have that done it is a case of putting Database files in Hyperspin and then pointing Hyperlaunch to your ROMs and choosing an emulator. :)

Currently I am working on a complete emulator set just to make sure I have everything possible. It is a lot of fiddly work but well worth it. :)

Hi all!

I've completed the following steps and I'm getting the "no new media" message:

1. Upgraded my account to platinum

2. Signed out/in to my profile in HyperSync (for both HyperSpinFE and EmuMovies accounts)

3. Clicked the Arcade Cab, enabled NES only, linked it, and set the defaults (but added intro videos).

4. Checked the Folders settings and they appear to be correct (c:\HyperSpin and c:\HyperSpin\Media)

5. Clicked Sync, and that's the error I'm getting.

I have .NET Framework 4.5 installed.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Update: Nevermind, I got it! My resolution might've been too small and I wasn't seeing that there is a "sync system" switch below each system.

think you took that the wrong way ghutch92

In hypersync is Nintendo Wii currently supported as a active system in hyperspin, I have the Wii.XML file off here and want to know is there any artwork/vids associated with the system yet ?

In hypersync is Nintendo Wii currently supported as a active system in hyperspin, I have the Wii.XML file off here and want to know is there any artwork/vids associated with the system yet ?

Come on all the cool kids want to install Hyperspin on their Wii U. ;)

Officially Wii is not supported as it is a system that is still developed. Unofficially have a look in the gold member section. You will see in Hypersync the Wii is listed as well as Hyperlaunch you can quite happily set it up and there is even a couple of modules like the very obvious Dolphin ones. :)

I'm sorry as of right now HyperSync only works on Windows. Seeing as how the WiiU has been released it won't be coming to the Wii any time soon, so I'm sorry.

That wouldn't be needed for the actual wii anyways. The wii downloads the art it self from gameTDB, so no need for HyperSync.

Don't matter, there's only about 30 pieces of art out there.

Don't matter, there's only about 30 pieces of art out there.

But if we had more art guys and data trawlers helping there would be a lot more art for these systems. :) not that I'm hinting to the people above Sandman asking or anything. ... ... yes I am ... ... :D

But if we had more art guys and data trawlers helping there would be a lot more art for these systems. :) not that I'm hinting to the people above Sandman asking or anything. ... ... yes I am ... ... :D

LOL. Ya it would have to be above me, I'm more helpful in other places then art. Cause to be honest I suck at artwork. I can dabble in Photoshop but not that great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry if this is is a silly question, I have upgraded my to a platinum account; but then I try to use Hypersync it says I have not set up any systems. I have a clean install with not alterations, is it referring to me not having set up ROM paths and emulators for the systems?

I'm sorry if this is is a silly question, I have upgraded my to a platinum account; but then I try to use Hypersync it says I have not set up any systems. I have a clean install with not alterations, is it referring to me not having set up ROM paths and emulators for the systems?

Do what Ron said, but you also need to set up the systems in hyperspin because it uses your rom databases. Unless you tell it to download the databases, but then it will have games you don't have. Also if you haven't set up systems and created databases then it wont link systems correctly.(Hypersync)

Archived