Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSync Technical Support

Rain

Hi Rain

I'm also getting the error message

Could not verify HyperSpin membership message ???

also I'm getting an Account verification error

you are not logged into hyperbase.

can you think of any reason why ?

thanks

sosfx

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm trying to use HyperSync for the first time and I have the latest version installed, but it won't accept my HyperSpin credentials ("could not verify your HyperSpin membership"). I am using the same username and password as the forums.

Hi, I'm trying to use HyperSync for the first time and I have the latest version installed, but it won't accept my HyperSpin credentials ("could not verify your HyperSpin membership"). I am using the same username and password as the forums.

Hi and welcome!

Sorry to say, HyperSync only works with Platinum membership.

Thanks,

Ron

Hi.

Ironsword - Wizards & Warriors II

The & is invalid in XML. Change it to the following:

Ironsword - Wizards & Warriors II

And you should no longer have any complaints. :)

EDIT: And it's getting parsed so you can't read it... haha. Add "amp;" without the quotes after every & with no space between and you should be fine. If you look up in the Hyperspin NES XML file for Ironsword (and not what you pasted above), you'll see what I'm talking about.

Ok, I get it!

So, for people like me with trouble in validating XML file or coorrupted XML file, please chek your XML and replace & by amp; just after the &

However, I haven't any new media downloaded, nothing happens. Don't know why.

ok, 2 hours i'm on it, and still no new media.

I updated database for my NES, MAME and Genesis system. So now if I open the XML file of NES/MAME/Genesis, i can find 10 000 games in the XML file.

So, if I realize a sync with hypercloud, I'm downloading tons of bytes but... i have only 5 games in MAME's rom folder, 8 in the NES one, and 5 in the Genesis one.

1.How can I only display the game I own? (filters?)

2.Instead of having a huge database updated, I created a XML file using HyperROM2XML.exe. It works the first time, but not now. Is it the right way to process? Cause I don't understand why we can found full XML database on hyperlist website if we only want to play 5 games...

Hope you will understand my issues.

You need official XML files. If it isn't in HyperList it won't work. Reason for that is simple. I can get TOSEC, No-Intro, TruRIp, GoodSet, blah blah blah and they can all have the same game with a different name for the exact same system. So your ROMs have to match the Official XML's and therefore the artwork etc can be downloaded cause that matches the XML as well.

If you find it in HyperList it should download whatever is available on HyperBase and EmuMovies (if you have EmuMovies paid membership) using HyperSync.

Also if you only want 5 games (dunno why but OK)

In HyperHQ

WheelSettingsTab3Navigation-Themes_zps7bf7fba3.png

Tick the wheel filters for ROMs Only

And it might sound strange but even though you have the Radio button checked for HyperLaunch you still need to fill in the Executable / Rom Paths / Extensions in the below image in HyperHQ

WheelSettingsTab1Emulator_zps15db7375.png

This filling in is also important for use in third party apps for HyperSpin.

Thanks for your reply.

You need official XML files.

My XML file was updated through Hypersync, when I hit the button "update database". I didn't downloaded anything. Just updated the database.

Also if you only want 5 games (dunno why but OK)

Don't need to have 1524541 Mame's games. Just want to play some games I was dreaming in front of when I was a kid, just need 20 games on each system, not more. Moreover, you can't play all the games, it's too much time consuming!

Here's my setup below. Doesn't know why but I haven't the Nintendo Nes wheel available now, it disappears...

GORYDFl.jpg

JRGlCbl.jpg

ko98Uml.jpg

gUwP1gl.jpg

Does that also need the official unedited XML file? I ticked the checkbox once and nothing happened.

Your XML has to audit correctly. If you want to use HyperSync you need official. If you want to manually rename you can use whatever you want (it is your time to waste) :) may have already said this but make sure you have put the details for each wheel into HyperHQ for the Executable / Rom Path / extensions.

Cheers.

Your XML has to audit correctly. If you want to use HyperSync you need official. If you want to manually rename you can use whatever you want (it is your time to waste) :) may have already said this but make sure you have put the details for each wheel into HyperHQ for the Executable / Rom Path / extensions.

Cheers.

Check the last screenshot: evrything seems to be right there. But not working!

Check the last screenshot: evrything seems to be right there. But not working!

The audit Pole is referring to is your HyperLaunchHQ audit. HyperSync uses your database (in HyperSpin\Databases\{System Name} to match up names for the files it downloads. Try posting a screenshot of your HLHQ audit for that system. Do the roms you have show up in green?

Thanks,

Ron

Cheers.

I never waste time, I do invest time, now go and quote me.

You got into a HyperSync babble and I'm not sure if you got it correctly, for "Roms only" checkbox do I need an official XML? I don't use HyperSync. I thought it was a 2 side check roms vs xml, not a three side check, roms vs xml vs online-offline-database.

I never waste time, I do invest time, now go and quote me.

You got into a HyperSync babble and I'm not sure if you got it correctly, for "Roms only" checkbox do I need an official XML? I don't use HyperSync. I thought it was a 2 side check roms vs xml, not a three side check, roms vs xml vs online-offline-database.

Dogway,

You are correct. If your not using HyperSync, your xml just needs to match your roms. That's it. ;)

What Pole is saying is, in order to use HyperSync, the rom names in the database needs to match the official names. Otherwise HyperSync will find no media. Even if you only have 5 games in your xml, the names still need to match.

Hope this helps,

Ron

Sorry if I confused ya. Was dealing with your two issues at once and thinking out loud. Good thing you aren't in the same room as me cause I'd also be laughing out loud at the same time as typing this. :D

Yeah what Ron said.

Official XML is easy way to do things and when you decide to add new games later you don't have to stress about editing XML files and stuff. You can cut down the size of the XML if you really won't ever add new games and then not bother with the Rom Only filter. Make sure you just cut down the official XML cause that way you have correct naming and all other info that is in those XML files.

The audit Pole is referring to is your HyperLaunchHQ audit. HyperSync uses your database (in HyperSpin\Databases\{System Name} to match up names for the files it downloads. Try posting a screenshot of your HLHQ audit for that system. Do the roms you have show up in green?

Thanks,

Ron

Hello, thanks for your help.

First of all, I downloaded (again, but not through Hypersync) via http://hyperlist.hyperspin-fe.com/ the Nintendo Entertainment System. It's a 266ko file i put into my database folder. Every single time I'm launching Hyperspin, I can't access the game and i'm stuck on the system wheel selection. Please note that the NES system is even not there anymore!

Here's some screenshot:

UacMPn.jpg

3lC6kVl.jpg

c4dVnI.jpg

post-92633-142870625193_thumb.jpg

Archived