Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSync Technical Support

Rain

I'm a complete noob, so if this is obvious I'm sorry. I just installed Hyperspin and Hypersync yesterday. Hypersync seems to be almost unresponsive. I added my user name/pass in the INI file, updated my .NET 40 install, just in case, but nothing seems to make it work. Any ideas??

you cant just add your password to the ini, its encrypted in there. Dlete your Hypersync folder and start agian, Also are you sure that you installed the FULL version of .NET 4.0, not the one from windows update

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

jon

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely used the FULL version of .NET 4.0. Thanks for the info on the encryption. I'll delete the Hypersync folder and give it another try.

Edit: I did what you recommended. I found that if I disconnect the internet connection that Hypersync becomes responsive again, so I can go in and type in username and password, but as soon as I plug in the network again it goes unresponsive. Go figure... :(

It works!! The problem appears to be something to do with my internet connection. A port being blocked or something like that, but it's not on my side because I opened everything up (firewall, etc) and connected directly to the modem and it still didn't work. Today, I tried to connect at work with the same computer and installation and no problems at all.

Thanks for the help everyone!

It works!! The problem appears to be something to do with my internet connection. A port being blocked or something like that, but it's not on my side because I opened everything up (firewall, etc) and connected directly to the modem and it still didn't work. Today, I tried to connect at work with the same computer and installation and no problems at all.

Thanks for the help everyone!

try to flush your DNS at home, open up the Command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns

try to flush your DNS at home, open up the Command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns
I flushed the DNS on the old machine at home, but it made no difference. Good idea, but that didn't fix it. Still, I can download the content at work, so all is good. Hyperspin is so cool when it's filled out with all the media. :)

Hopefully someone can help, I am a hyperspin rookie as well. I logged into hypersync and emumovies, I added my mame client and told it only to sync if rom files are present because I dont want to fill my HD with 8000 media files. But It will only sync to a theme, It will not pull up any artwork of any kind. But when I tell it to sync even if they are not present it starts syncing no problem. MAME launches roms just fine out of Hyperspin. Any idea's? I'm thinking it may be where I have my media directory path may be incorrect? I just cant figure it out.....

The only thing that does not work for me at the moment is "Sync logs" button. Everytime I press that one I get an error message and hypersync shuts down. I guess I don't that feature as I can sync and use the program anyway, but it would be fun to know what that feature is though :)

Anyone else having that problem or is it just me? (Using the latest version but it was the same for the previous versions - After the gui was changed)

I am having a strange issue. Hypersync v2.1.0.7 is syncing perfectly for me, except each time I sync, it re-downloads the Main Menu system videos. They download correctly as in the file is complete and plays. I have tried deleting them and I can see Hypersync creates a new copy, but next time I sync it downloads it again. Maybe a bug? If so I'll put it in the bugs section but at this stage I'm assuming I've done something wrong.

I am having an issue with Mame Sync. Its only the second EMU I am trying to pretty up after SNES worked and synched flawlessly.

When I sync Mame it just filters through all the available media types but does not actually download anything, as if the roms are not there. I have created my custom Don tools list using the Hyperlist XML.

Update: If I tick sync even though rom is not present it works.

Ya I'm having the same problem! MAME is my favorite emulator but I cannot get it to sync only if rom files are present. It sync's just fine if I have it sync all. I really don't want to download all that artwork for rom's I don't own.

Hi there. I became a Platinum member today. Downloaded Hypersync, and set it up. When I click 'sync' in the syncronise panel, it takes about 10 seconds to download... nothing. The 'current activity' info at the bottom of the screen cycles through the 'MAME (Game boxes) etc. but nada happens. Please help, I'm pretty sure I have set it up correctly. Thanks heaps.

i am sorry for this but i found this after i posted on the hypersync download page.i am not able to access anything,no settings none of the systems show up.it says we havve a problem and i try to reconnect but nothing.i hit sync for the heck of it and it says that feature is only for platinum members which i am as of last night.then it ask if i want info on becoming a platinum member???any help or point me to a tut for noobs would be great.by the way a great dam site!!

i am sorry for this but i found this after i posted on the hypersync download page.i am not able to access anything,no settings none of the systems show up.it says we havve a problem and i try to reconnect but nothing.i hit sync for the heck of it and it says that feature is only for platinum members which i am as of last night.then it ask if i want info on becoming a platinum member???any help or point me to a tut for noobs would be great.by the way a great dam site!!

delete your hypersync folder and try again

Hi again. Reformatted Harddrive. Reinstalled Hyperspin and Hypersync. Downloaded Framework. Still cannot login to Emumovies. PLEASE help. Thanks.

I solved the problem!!! (Thanks to Emumovies support).

My original password had symbols in it. I changed my password to just numbers and letters (no symbols)... Pure awesomeness!

• 3 weeks later...

Great news everyone! HyperSync 2.0 has officially found it's new home on it's brand new super speed server. I noticed that searching for artwork files is about x3 faster than it was previously. I am stoked about this; expect a new build of HyperSync to be dropping eary tomorrow morning!

Archived