Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSync Technical Support

Rain

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you have a paid membership at emumovies?

can you install this and try again? www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718

Do you have any special characters in your password?

He posted about this in multiple threads, he fixed it here http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?21729-Could-not-verify-account-information-please-try-again&p=209082&viewfull=1#post209082

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to link systems. I have the media dir pointed in the right place, but when I attempt to link the system, I only have the default ? option. It was working before, the only thing I've changed is I updated to Win8, if thats a problem. I tried deleting and redownloading hypersync, issue persists.

Hi,

I tried syncing N64 and Gameboy Advance systems tonight. Artwork is syncing good, but all videos for both systems are leaving out the last parentheses.

example:

game (USA).flv

is downloading as

game (USA.flv

I tried syncing SNES and it worked fine. Could this be system specific. I confirmed that the emumovies ftp files do have the last ")" so it seems to be on the Hypersync end of things.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue today with the Genesis set.

I already encouter this last month with an other set as discussed here : http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?20865-No-GameGear-wheels-and-wrong-filenames-for-gamegear-video&p=205705#post205705

Please let me know if you found a solution (I'm sure I have wrongly setup something but can not figure out what), as I'm looking forward to be able to enjoy "the power of the sync" :-)

I'm experiencing very slow download speeds on hypersync, i don't know if there is any speed throttling going on on the servers in the states but less than 100Kbps is ridiculous

is there anything that can be done to make it quicker eg. more bandwidth on your servers??

Hi I tried to add the Microsoft MSX system today, but noticed you need to Link it to Sony MSX.

Everywhere else (ie HyperList & HyperBase) its listed as Microsoft not Sony.

It's not really a bug, just a naming consistency problem.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers

Hi I tried to add the Microsoft MSX system today, but noticed you need to Link it to Sony MSX.

Everywhere else (ie HyperList & HyperBase) its listed as Microsoft not Sony.

It's not really a bug, just a naming consistency problem.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers

Must be called Sony MSX on your cab, check your \HyperSpin\Databases\Main Menu\Main Menu.xml

• 3 weeks later...

I have used rom2xml but ran into the issue with the xml file not showing who the maker is and what year it was released, does this have to be done manually?

I started manually working on the xml file available on the HyperList by modifying the xml file but this process will take me a large amount of time to rename my rom's, fix the naming on the XML file and remove any rom I do not have (i.e. European Rom's).

Also can someone please explain to me what the .DAT, Genre, and .AHK files are and what they are used for/do?

Thanks again for the help!

~Ramzus

Just wanted to say that I've been syncing a lot these past few days and there have been quite a few files that did not come down when I synced. I thought the problem was on my end but I downloaded a fresh database from HyperList and still the same items missing. I then went to the downloads section and was able to retrieve the missing files by downloading the set off of the site. Various artwork for various systems. I don't recall exactly which files...which would have been helpful...but I just wanted to bring a little attention to it. Also, yes I did check hyperbase to make sure that the systems I was working on were at 100%.

I have used rom2xml but ran into the issue with the xml file not showing who the maker is and what year it was released, does this have to be done manually? I started manually working on the xml file available on the HyperList by modifying the xml file but this process will take me a large amount of time to rename my rom's, fix the naming on the XML file and remove any rom I do not have (i.e. European Rom's). Also can someone please explain to me what the .DAT, Genre, and .AHK files are and what they are used for/do?

My best advice would be to use the databases from HyperList because it WILL save you a lot of headache because usually the artwork and videos you'll be downloading are already named according to this list, making it much easier to install and move along. Yes, editing the xml by hand may be a chore but in the end a little work really does go a long way. If you don't have notepad++ you need to get it a.s.a.p. Rom2Xml is extremely quick at making a database.....that will be extremely incompatible with the standard file naming. Thus a ton more work. And yes, using that method will require you to add a "bajillion" lines of info about your games. I've been there and won't ever return.

As far as removing game entries from you database, I don't feel that it is needed to do so when you can already filter your game list by the wheel images in the folder ["wheels only" in HQ] and also by the games in the folder [roms only in HQ]. Consider your genre as a sub-list of certain games in the system. As far as the dat and ahk, I won't even touch that subject because I can't go into the specifics.

Geez...I wasn't trying to type an essay here, but oh well.

just tried using HS for the for first time. logged into hyperspin account and emumovies account, linked my systems. asked it to basically sync everything and then went to main screen and clicked the sync button with basically no response, the stop sign shows for a split second then goes back to the sync button. no messages no log files etc. .net is definitely installed. any quick suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...
just tried using HS for the for first time. logged into hyperspin account and emumovies account, linked my systems. asked it to basically sync everything and then went to main screen and clicked the sync button with basically no response, the stop sign shows for a split second then goes back to the sync button. no messages no log files etc. .net is definitely installed. any quick suggestions.

I had the same issue until I read the first post and install the full .NET 4.0 pack. Its working now.

Archived