Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Watchmen Pinball - 40/27/DMD - Standard Body

mikekim

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a Watchman fan (don't know anything about it), but the art looks as good as anything you would expect from Bally/Wlms at their best. The mock up even looks completely real. The button stickers are a really cool touch. If I can ever figure out my artwork, I hope it lends itself to this type of add-on. Great job!

-Matt

Cant wait to see your progress ,were do you build your projects?

Normally at home, but I don't have the room (or the woodworking tools for a pinball cab) so this will be built around my parents house, as my dad is an avid woodworker.

The build is on experiencing a minor delay atm, waiting for them to come back from a cruise of the Mediterranean. So I can get started on the cab body.

Normally at home, but I don't have the room (or the woodworking tools for a pinball cab) so this will be built around my parents house, as my dad is an avid woodworker.

The build is on experiencing a minor delay atm, waiting for them to come back from a cruise of the Mediterranean. So I can get started on the cab body.

Lucky git very hand if you have the space and a keen helping hand,im finding this tv option of pinball machines fascinating is their a way simulate a rumble like the ball is on the playing field?

Lucky git very hand if you have the space and a keen helping hand,im finding this tv option of pinball machines fascinating is their a way simulate a rumble like the ball is on the playing field?

no idea on that one - i'm sure someone has some ideas on how to simulate ball roll on the table.

Progress update:

playing around with the ipac and buttons for the past couple of days. built the obligatory cardboard box with all the buttons that i will be using on my cab, to test the ipac programming (also a good excuse to play some pinball with proper leaf buttons, rather than keyboard).

20120829210306.jpg

20120829095139.jpg

at the moment the box is all illuminated from a single 12v power source.

looking to replace the buttons, as i'm not happy with the square ones, don't think they will look right on the cab (probably 4cm diameter round ones, are the current replacement options).

also have ordered a Yellow Launch Ball button ;)

20120829205751.jpg

20120829205645.jpg

never realised how hard it is go get a good shot of illuminated buttons with a camera phone - will have to break out the DSLR for the build shots

20120829210525.jpg

20120829210147.jpg

the nice tidy internal shot - NOT

next instalment:::

my LEDWiz and 2 of Zebs booster boards have arrived this week, so i will be playing with them next

20120829211359.jpg

will also probably pick up the contactors and test them out properly before starting on the cab body

at the moment the box is all illuminated from a single 12v power source.

I'm not sure if you're using regular bulbs or not, but if you are, don't leave the bulbs on for too long. At 12v, they will melt your buttons. power them at 5v or better yet, go with leds.

I'm not sure if you're using regular bulbs or not, but if you are, don't leave the bulbs on for too long. At 12v, they will melt your buttons. power them at 5v or better yet, go with leds.

thanks for the tip - i have noticed they get quite warm (they are only on for a couple of minutes).

have ordered some led replacements

update

resistors haven't turned up yet, so i cant play with my leds :bawling:

still had some other goodies arrive this morning...

the transparent flasher caps

the yellow launch button

and the 5v leds.

so i installed the new button and leds into the test box

(currently running off an old 5v phone charger) - they will be powered via the pc power supply when in the cab

dsc8695.jpg

had the leds running for about an hour - no heat from them at all

also i have ordered the contactors and power supplies (both 12 and 24v). they should be arriving on Monday

You know a lot about electronics what di u do as a job?

i know very little about electronics, (other than what i have read here and on various other forums) but i know quite a few electricians.

as for a Job, i provide I.T. support and Audio Visual solutions for very wealthy VIP clients...

NDA's prevent me from telling you who exactly i work for, but the pay is great and the work diverse, (this project is being totally financed by one of the cash bonuses i received this summer :beerglass:)

Update..

contactors, Diodes and PSU's turned up yesterday.

20120904080852.jpg

the 24AWG wire is due to arrive tomorrow

Also picked up the 18mm (3/4") Plywood sheets for the cab build. should be able to make a start on the woodworking this weekend hopefully..

I far prefer working with plywood opposed to MDF.

For your nudging, why not go with a modified tilt bob? Piece of wood round the base with 3 brass screws which are wired to the ipac.

As seen here: http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/118-Cabinet-Builds

I have picked up a ms sidewinder pro, so will be looking into trying that.

I also picked up an arduino kit the other day that has a couple of tilt sensors, so who knows what I'll be using for tilt functionality

I did that. Since I am just now reaching the final stages of the build, I am not too sure how well it will work, but initial play testing suggests it works fine and it is easily adjustable.

For your nudging, why not go with a modified tilt bob? Piece of wood round the base with 3 brass screws which are wired to the ipac.

As seen here: http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/118-Cabinet-Builds

Archived