Sign in to follow this  
thomas3120

AimTrak question

Hello,

I'm pretty stoked...getting an aimtrak lightgun for my cab.

Was wondering where/how people mount the sensor for those who have one. Can you dissasemble and mount midway on either side of monitor?

t

I think per the manual they are top or bottom mount only last i looked. Been a year since i installed mine though. I pretty sure i wanted same thing but did not work properly so i did top center. Good luck.

Top center seem to be the best placement. Can you temporarily put the sensor above or below the monitor to see what works best for you?

Top center seem to be the best placement. Can you temporarily put the sensor above or below the monitor to see what works best for you?

Haven't received in mail yet. But will try different positions. I've already been messing around with dolphin, wiimote & wii sensor...(which is similar to aimtrak?)

Seems like I read somewhere you could 'seperate' the sensor and mount on each side of monitor...could be mistaken though.

t

Haven't received in mail yet. But will try different positions. I've already been messing around with dolphin, wiimote & wii sensor...(which is similar to aimtrak?)

Seems like I read somewhere you could 'seperate' the sensor and mount on each side of monitor...could be mistaken though.

t

Top centre

Yes, Top Center. Only one sensor bar even if you have multiple guns. I have a homemade cabinet and it is installed right over the screen. I have a bezel plexiglass painted black on one side and I had to scratch off the paint to make a rectangular window to let Infra-Red pass.

post-112222-142870680398_thumb.jpg

post-112222-142870680394_thumb.jpg

post-112222-142870680395_thumb.jpg

post-112222-142870680397_thumb.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2015 at 4:12 PM, Drakin said:

Thomas3120 did you get your stuff yet

I've been waiting since 2015 to see if you were going to answer this and let us know if it worked below the screen.  I wanted to buy one back in 2015, but am still waiting on this answer before I make that decision.

Why wait? Just email Andy @ ultimarc he will tell you. Documentation says top center though. Good luck!