Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Day of the Pinheads - Widebody 46/32/DMD

Aurich

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Aurich,

I did not know that we can split the sound in VP. Is it something you do in the settings?

Yeah, any version from 9.14 on works, don't need a daily build or anything. Keep in mind that means you need two amps etc, it's utterly separate. So what I'm doing is routing the cabinet sounds from VP to a little enclosed 8" sub box and a couple 4" mids under the TV, and then the ROM sounds to a 10" sub in the back of the cab and the 4" speakers in the DMD panel. Both powered by little cheap Chinese amps. So cheap the crossovers don't work for the sub, so I hardwired in my own.

You can see one of the amps, the crossover, and the 10" sub in the back here:

8283876877_963f194764_c.jpg

No worries, let me know if you have questions.

Got a package today from mameman!

8286568654_094fff835b_c.jpg

8286568840_b54423c91d_c.jpg

(The speakers are just lying in place with weights behind them to hold them up if they look a little off.)

Already put down a first coat of Rustoleum primer, will start sanding and cleaning up the MDF fuzzies once that's nice and dry before I put on the basecoat. Then it's time to start masking and playing with some candy airbrush paint. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Still wiring, no real photo updates, but zebulon's booster boards are awesome, and his customer service is really excellent too. Highly recommended! :)

I'm in the middle of painting the spiderwebs on the DMD panel too. Work and real life have just invaded all my build time lately. Plus the garage is much colder now, which saps my motivation to work at night! ;)

I highly recommend Insulated garage doors. They make all the difference in the world. It has yet to get below 50 in my garage.

50!!

Lucky if it was over 23 farenheiht on Sunday, and its due to get colder this weekend, with 10cm of snow. (Anything over 3cm of snow for the uk, and the country grinds to a halt)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II.

Archived