Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Here we go again my 2nd cab project

monkeychunkuk

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FAO Mike

im just gonna put this here no pressure,some rough measurements

Side panels

21 inches wide

48 inches height

marquee

19 inches wide

5 inches height

control panel

19 inches wide

10 inches height

podcastlogo_zpsc5a2f0fa.jpg

What have we gone back in time to the early 70's??

How about some metric measurement's? :P

that looks cool. be interesting to see it finished and how it would work. be cool if they could get hyperpin and hyperspin working on the same cab

On the vertical screen you get more real estate when playing pinball/pacman/shmups, so a dual setup like this makes since only if the vertical screen is bigger than a vertical game being played on the horizontal monitor. You can also go dual just for in-game artwork or marquees to be displayed. With mame it's pretty much simple because it will put all vertical games on the v screen and all horizontal game on the other automatically once configured, also it will display in-game artwork on the opposite monitor(the one that's not being played). Hyperspin runs on the horizontal screen all the time so when you pick a vertical game it disappears just like it does playing an h game. I think Hyperspin 2.0 will have dual monitor support which possibly means hyperspin themes and other stuff running on the opposite screen while you play.

Ok last gumtree purchase for a while i just couldn't resist

9e4etagu.jpg

DUAL AOC MONITORS

Ati RADEON 7000 GRAPHICS CARD

AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ 2.0 GHZ PROCESSOR

2.0 GB OF RAM

160GB HARDRIVE

M-AUDIO AUDIOPHILE 24/96 SOUND CARD (RRP £64.99)

WINDOWS XP

WIRELESS KEYBOARD

QUICK SALE, COLLECTION ONLY

Picked it up for £40

On the vertical screen you get more real estate when playing pinball/pacman/shmups, so a dual setup like this makes since only if the vertical screen is bigger than a vertical game being played on the horizontal monitor. You can also go dual just for in-game artwork or marquees to be displayed. With mame it's pretty much simple because it will put all vertical games on the v screen and all horizontal game on the other automatically once configured, also it will display in-game artwork on the opposite monitor(the one that's not being played). Hyperspin runs on the horizontal screen all the time so when you pick a vertical game it disappears just like it does playing an h game. I think Hyperspin 2.0 will have dual monitor support which possibly means hyperspin themes and other stuff running on the opposite screen while you play.

that sound cool. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished and working.

Nice one monkey...I'd put more holes in the speaker grill though...are you confident on the strength using them white joining blocks. I'd screw some battons in to for extra support..

Cheers Ritch,

The middle shelf/monitor/and back seem to do a great job making it rigid but i may add some struts after i rebuild them after the strip down and paint

As for the speaker i may add some hows im using the template i made for the retrocade

8anu5yqa.jpg

monkey,

I think the problem is that the kit you are running is now considered low end spec (which is why you are picking it up so cheap)

you will need to look at lowering the graphics options in hyperspin to get it to run at an acceptable rate.

XP would be a better bet than windows 7 as it requires less spec to run properly.

Archived