Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

***New Ledwiz Configuration Tool***

DeeGor

Ah, gotcha, so just a simple entry error. Yes, that's wrong, I can confirm the correct rom name is "swtril", I had it correctly entered by hand in my previous file and the table working with the LED-Wiz. Ironically in PixelMagic's tool it was also wrong, was missing the end "l", so that ROM name is cursed evidently. ;)

(I do see the swtril43 ROM in a google search, so that's obviously a real thing, but not the right one for the table.)

Thanks!

Are you sure? The reason I ask is that it is listed in the table script as swtril43. The reason it works in the ledcontrol.vbs version v0.2.4.6 is because of the way that the rom names are matched. The way it works is based on whether the entry in ledcontrol.ini matches the start of the ROM name. Now this matching algorithm also caused several tables to incorrectly load the wrong settings from the ledcontrol.ini

DeeGor has fixed this with an improved method. Using this new method swtril will not match swtril43 which is what is used in the table script.

P.S. swtril43 is what pinmame lists the rom as.

Are you sure? The reason I ask is that it is listed in the table script as swtril43. The reason it works in the ledcontrol.vbs version v0.2.4.6 is because of the way that the rom names are matched. The way it works is based on whether the entry in ledcontrol.ini matches the start of the ROM name. Now this matching algorithm also caused several tables to incorrectly load the wrong settings from the ledcontrol.ini

DeeGor has fixed this with an improved method. Using this new method swtril will not match swtril43 which is what is used in the table script.

P.S. swtril43 is what pinmame lists the rom as.

You are correct. I have renamed the rom back to swtril43.

• 2 months later...

So for the life of me I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong with this tool. Lets say I select a table, CV, and press the "generate config button." The resulting file has all the games in the database (I'm assuming its all of them in the database) but nothing seems to be assigned to do anything. Within the file for instance heres what the line looks like for CV.

"cv,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0"

If I'm not mistaken thats not going to do anything.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks for the help!

Hey Gamefixer,

Sorry, this would have been easier if I had finished the documentation, but I've been pretty busy. The issue is you have not created any ledwiz assignments yet on the "Port Assignments" page. Simply tell the configuration tool what devices you have on what ports, and it will generate the proper configuration for you.

• 1 month later...

First off I checked out the new Lediwiz Configtool and it seems very easy to use. However I do have a question regarding the port assignments. I am just starting my project and I have already run out of inputs. I have 7 contactors, 5 RGB crees, RGB flipper buttons, RGB undercab lighting, knock, gear motor, shaker, etc. I also want to have the launch ball, extra ball, and start button to be rom controlled. However this puts me over 32 inputs. Is there a way to add a second Ledwiz to accomodate the extra rom controlled inputs? The program appears to only allow you to only have one ledwiz.

Thanks in advance,

Lance

As of today, the current ledwiz framework only allows for 1 ledwiz, so that's why the configtool only allows 1.

There is a new project in the works that will allow for multiple ledwiz units and many more features that will be released soon.

First off I checked out the new Lediwiz Configtool and it seems very easy to use. However I do have a question regarding the port assignments. I am just starting my project and I have already run out of inputs. I have 7 contactors, 5 RGB crees, RGB flipper buttons, RGB undercab lighting, knock, gear motor, shaker, etc. I also want to have the launch ball, extra ball, and start button to be rom controlled. However this puts me over 32 inputs. Is there a way to add a second Ledwiz to accomodate the extra rom controlled inputs? The program appears to only allow you to only have one ledwiz.

Thanks in advance,

Lance

With this configuration you have enough ledwiz ports:

ledwiz ports items

7 7 contactors

15 5 rgb crees

3 rgb flipper/rgb undercab lighting

1 knocker

1 gear motor

1 shaker

1 launch ball

1 extra ball

1 start button

31 total

Just put rgb undercab lighting on the same ports as the rgb flippers

• 2 months later...

Good News Everyone!

GoodNewsEveryone_zpsda91e457.png

We have added support for Swisslizard's new Direct Output Framework to the Ledwiz Configtool. DOF is a HUGE improvement over the legacy framework, and literally eliminates all stutter caused by the old legacy framework. So if you haven't already signed up for the beta, you better do so now before it closes.

In addition to DOF support we have added the ability to configure multiple ledwiz devices and a new 10 contactor setup. Make sure to check out the "My Account" section to enable the new features.

Many thanks to Arngrim and Bent98 for all of their hard work on these configuration files.

http://vpuniverse.com/ledwiz

• 2 months later...

Today I've added a beacon to my config which works fine in F14 Tomcat and the other Beacon Pinballs. Kruge99 said in a forum post on VPForums : if you want to activate the beacon in AFM, use Switch #66 as this is activated when the shield is down, when you are attacking the Saucer!

So on vpuniverse.com/ledwiz/tableconfig.php I fill in S66 at Beacon (Private Config) and when I click Save Changes it says : Success Your privat config has been saved. But at the same moment S66 disappears from the config page. What am I doing wrong ?

• 1 month later...

In the ledwiz.ini file you could alter the heading section to reflect your settings. It would only work when coupled with the heading RGB (3 as 1) stlye, and not the primitive 1-1 style.

Each table can be individually set, meanning that 1 config file can have both output settings and work fine.

For the primitive style 1-1, you would have to manually edit each row (table). Using Excel, you can import and export, but it still needs manual editing.

I got my Ledwzs working fine, but during the build i wired up the RGB as BGR

How can i swap those in the ledwiz config tool?

Unfortunately you can't modify the RGB order in the tool. Your best bet is to just modify your wiring to match the RGB layout.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

hey guys,

the tool has a new adress, it is the

http://configtoool.vpuniverse.com

the old link is redirecting to that one ;)

but if you use the fantastic automatic tool to retrieve the latest configs:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/332-ledwiz-configtool-downloader/

you need to update the vbs to match the new link:

'URLs to open....

Dim sVersionUrl

Dim sDownloadUrl

sVersionUrl = "http://configtool.vpuniverse.com/api.php?query=version"

sDownloadUrl = "http://configtool.vpuniverse.com/api.php?query=getconfig&apikey=" & param_apikey

Cheers

• Dazz unpinned this topic

Archived