iNTiGOD

Need help with Wheel Filters Roms Only

HyperHQ's "ROMs only" option seems to work only on older versions of HS.

When I enable it now, I try to enter the particular system and it automatically sends me back to the main menu.

What I need to do is to avoid ROMs that I don't have and doing so by filtering/disabling them in the database seems like the only option.

So I need to compare a ROMs folder to a database and filter out the missing games on the .xml.

I get the "kick-back" to the main menu as well.  My rom path is correct, and so is my extensions (7z|rar|zip).

I get the "kick-back" to the main menu as well.  My rom path is correct, and so is my extensions (7z|rar|zip).

Your extensions are wrong. They should be separated by commas, not pipes. Like 7z,rar,zip

• Upvote 1

Yes, you can use Filter HyperList from Don's tools here. Make sure that you have the rompath and extension set in HHQ, open the program, select the wheel and database file to use then scan. Select Yes from the Game filter on the left to only display games that you have. Press Ctrl+A then Ctrl+F to select all of the found games and add them to the output list. Click the Export Output List button to create a new database with only the games you have in your rompath.

Thank you very much, mate!

Saved my day :D

keltoigael

WOW I personally can't quit HS, I just take big breaks :P

Just had this issue and i resolved mine by removing Roms from sub folders.  I had PS1 images in their own folder and it wouldn't find anything. After i put them in my roms\ folder as ISO/BIN it worked a treat. :-)

Just messed a bit in HHQ. Well, it seems that when I replaced ..\HyperSpin\ROMs\Final Burn Alpha to E:\HyperSpin\ROMs\Final Burn Alpha filtering "ROMs only" seems to work!

But now HS lacks portability on that drive and depends on the drive letter :/

I did the same thing and I can confirm that using a relative path to your ROM folders and having "ROMs only" checked in HHQ will NOT work.

I had to go through each system and use Filter HyperList from Don's tools to make a new XML database for each system containing only the ROMs I have.

I'm currently running 1.4.16 and filtering on "ROM only" works for me as long as the roms are not in zip or 7z format. I'm even able to filter on multiple extensions using a comma delimited list (i.e. z64,v64,n64). Not sure why it isn't working for zip files such as those used by Mame (when I enable it for roms that are zipped, I try to enter the particular system and it automatically sends me back to the main menu). I am using the full path to the roms and define the extensions with the same letter case as they appear in the folder.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG