Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

missing mame.ini file please help mame64 1.77

arthuru1977

ok so I have hyperspin set up and I ve installed mame64 version 1.77 I have several roms I ve played with my x arcade controller my issue is that when I go to hyperspin/emulators/mame there is no mame.ini file I ve clicked to show hidden files and selected for it to show file extensions eg: .exe .ini (etc) I ve tried in cmd CD E: hyperspin/emulators/mame mame -cc didn t work replaced the - cc with -createconfig still nothing I ve opened in notepad and wrote mame.exe - cc saved as CreateConfig.bat and saved to hyperspin/emulators/mame it did a createconfig.bat file but when I click on it.....it opens a cmd window for a second and it closes just as fast as it opens but it DOESN T CREATE A MAME.INI FILE please help me I really need to get this gun up and running.....the gun does work I got it to emulate as a mouse and I ve used it in an nes emulator played duck hunt Hogan s alley and a few others

If you're using the 64bit mame the command would be "mame64 -cc" (no quotes) because the name of the exe is mame64, not mame.

I don't know why but cmd does not work I did how ever did get it to work anyone else having this issue should try this open up note pad type mame64.exe -cc then click save as make sure your in the directory of your mame eg: hyperspin/emulators/mame change the name to CreateConfig.bat make sure the C's are capitalized in mame directory look for the .bat file double click this will create the Mame.ini by default Windows hides file extensions click top left files options uncheck hide file extensions you can click Start, then type extension.Click Show hide file extensions you can double click on mame.ini will open a notepad window scroll down to to core options input change the number 0 to 1 for any peripherals you want to enable 0=off 1=on click save don't worry if you need anything up you can always create another CreateConfig.bat file and repeat if wanting to use trackball make sure you change mouse to 1 and enable trackball in hyperHQ

If you're using the 64bit mame the command would be "mame64 -cc" (no quotes) because the name of the exe is mame64, not mame.

I don't know why but cmd does not work I did how ever did get it to work anyone else having this issue should try this open up note pad type mame64.exe -cc then click save as make sure your in the directory of your mame eg: hyperspin/emulators/mame change the name to CreateConfig.bat make sure the C's are capitalized in mame directory look for the .bat file double click this will create the Mame.ini by default Windows hides file extensions click top left files options uncheck hide file extensions you can click Start, then type extension.Click Show hide file extensions you can double click on mame.ini will open a notepad window scroll down to to core options input change the number 0 to 1 for any peripherals you want to enable 0=off 1=on click save don't worry if you mess anything up you can always delete the mame.ini and create another CreateConfig.bat file and repeat if wanting to use trackball make sure you change mouse to 1 and enable trackball in hyperHQ

Archived