Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Finally finished my arcade cabinet! (kinda)

ckeech

Hi everyone!

I remember first seeing Hyperspin around 2010. I was gobsmacked. What an awesome idea! I downloaded it straight away and started mocking up a setup to see what it looked like. The next time I saw my Dad I said "what do you think about building an arcade machine together?" He thought it sounded like a great idea and said we could do it quite easily. Fast forward 6 years and we're done! What a journey. I learned so much about tinkering with all parts of the software and hardware not to mention so many weekends in my Dad's shed learning how to use various tools, and more importantly how to patch up various mistakes ;)

I want to thank this community for helping me whenever I've had issues that I've posted. I'm so impressed with the commitment this specific group has as well as the larger emulation community. All the art, software and emulation work is so astounding and so great that it's being shared with everyone. Thank you thank you thank you.

I'm by no means finished with my machine. I pulled the Aimtrak guns to have it finished by 2016 (my deadline) and have slowly been fixing up various parts that I've had issues with. So I'll probably post some specific issues this year.

I will also look for a way to post some nuggets I've learned. There's a few things I'd like to share that I think will help other people. I'm also working on a few very specific game lists and wheel art that others might be interested in too so I'll make those available some time some how. 

Here's my machine so far:

Archived