Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

What pinball for bartop?

dazzlaa

Hi all,

I have been building a bartop arcade for a few weeks now, I have buttons on each side of the cabinet for pinball but the unit only houses a 4x3 monitor.

I'm really wanting to get some tables on there and would prefer the visual accuracy of something like VP or FP but not realy sure if those would work ok on my set up or if I would be better going with FX3? 

I like the idea of making the most of the monitor space by having camera options and at this stage while I am prepared to put the leg work in, I don't want to spend another 3 weeks doing front ends etc.

Currently the arcade boots directly into hyperspin, windows explorer is hidden completely so whatever I do has to have a wheel option via hyperspin/HQ.

So what do you think? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Daz

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a lot of success with FX2/3 and Pinball Arcade being the easiest to setup as they are Purchasable Applications.

Both have different views so you can find the best layout for your bartop.

You can setup sub wheels for each table for hyperspin as there is plenty of media out there but I found it just as easy to launch the main application from the Main Menu as you then need less space for HS media and each menu can be controlled with a joystick or even a trackball if you have one.

Was going to make a tabletop with a Rotate Screen 180 button so you can play 2 player from both sides hotseat.

Future Pinball is great also but found it troublesome to setup and the BAM FPLoader always gets nuked by virus scanners and graphics settings between tables can be weird.
Also in-game the gravity can be a bit nasty and balls getting stuck be it created by enthusiasts.

Goodluck with your project. :)

Archived