Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Not just another exciting emulator exiting thread..

mildred

So I finally sorted exiting most of my emulators under hyperspin. I finally understand how the setup works.

Use joytokey to set the joystick pushes to equal a keyboard input - I chose the esc button (for now), and mapped it to pushing the start and #1 buttons on my joystick. 

Use Hyper HQ to set the location of the joytokey program.

Use rocketlauncher to set the HYPERSPIN RL profile in joytokey to record the button pushes

Also in rocektlauncher use the global settings/exit emulator setting to be ~ESC|1joy1&1joy9|2joy1&2joy9 so the escape key and both joysticks with the key combo can trigger to exit. This means that rocketlauncher sees the key combo as a trigger to close the emulator, and the key combo is also used to trigger the ESC button. It is kind of two closing motions with the one set of key presses.

Works great with MAME emulator and retroarch emulator (not set in retroarch, only in rocketlauncher).

But I can't get it to work for WINUAE which I use for Amiga?

I understand WINUAE uses ctrl+F11 to close, but I don't know how to set joytokey to be a combination of keyboard inputs for a combination of joystick inputs.

Do I even need to use the exact combo to close an emulator, or can I just set the combo in Rocketlauncher and it should work, but I suspect perhaps there is some conflict that Esc key is used in the emulator itself as a useful input, so I need to change my 'exit emulator' key to be something other than Esc??

Is there a way to exit WINUAE through the rocketlauncher side? The setting of the joystick key combo to something other than Esc perhaps?

Anyone got any other tips?

Archived