Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Latest Hyperspin update

martijnsx

Hi there,

I haven't been here in a while because i was frustrated with a hyperspin bug that i could not get fixed for years. On the forum i saw a link to hyperspin 1.5.1 or something like that. I have Always been on 1.4.x. However, i do not see any downloads anymore under downloads.

• What is currently the latest version of hyperspin?
  • What are the updates or bug fixes?
  • Is the joystick bug solved? If you use the joystick immediately after selecting a game hyperspin (sounds) run in het background of the game/rom.
  • Can someone point me to download location where i can find the latest files for hyperspin?
  • Is there an up to date tutorial for installation of the latest hyperspin.

Would be awesome if the new hyperspin is stable. Then i will be back in the emulation stuff :)

PS Is the latest update done by the Original hyperspin creator?

Tnx!

The bug with the video running in the background is still here, but it's not that easy to trigger now. Basically if you move the wheel in the exact moment the game is launching you'll have that problem. On low-spec hardwares it happens more often probably because the system takes more time to load the emulator with the rom, it is unlikely to happen on high-end hardware.
Honestly I don't think it's a bug of the code but a problem related to flash itself. My theme is heavily based on actionscript3 code, the video is loaded directly in the background .swf, not by hyperspin, AND it has exactly the same problem. Moreover with my code it should NOT happens as the code removes the video when HS is off-focus and reloads it when HS is in-focus. Probably there's a really tight window of time where the emulator is starting AND flash cannot read the code.

Honestly I don't know, i did some as3 coding for my theme but I'm definitely not a coder. Anyway with good hardware it is really difficult to trigger the bug, on q6600 @3.2ghz I had to try 15-20 times to check if that happens while on my old htpc, based on p4, it was a freaking nightmare. The fact is the time window in which you can trigger the bug is really tight now, and it's tighter when you are using a powerful hardware. If you press the button to launch the game and move the wheel just one time the bug will not be triggered, you need to move the wheel in the exact moment the system is transitioning from HS to the emulator.

The fact is... well, hyperspin offers outstanding customizazion options in terms of theme making

Archived