Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hypermatch is throwing Unhandled Exceptions suddenly and won't stop...Help?

pavlovtiger

I'm cruising through NES roms and renaming with Hypermatch, but suddenly and for no reason I can understand, pressing Audit on the NES section instantly throws an Unhandled Exception. Rebooting didn't solve it, and I can't keep working if it refuses to function. I even deleted Hypermatch and redownloaded it and the unhandled exception still happens every time. It's only for the NES section, everything else works fine, which makes me think I inadvertently mucked something up with my NES database, but it looks fine to me and Hyperspin still works perfectly with it. Please help, I have no idea what to do and I'm rather displeased over this. Edit: a little digging makes it look like the program is whinging about my removing "&" and replacing it with an ampersand for the xml entries of Joe And Mac and another game in the J's or I's someplace. But the xml still works with these changes and Hyperspin plays the games just fine, why would this throw unhandled exceptions in Hypermatch? I'll try changing the two ampersands back to what they were before, but "&" just looks obtuse and ugly in text to me when I see it in the wheel menu.

Well, after going through a fresh, untouched copy of the NES xml and pasting in every example I could find of ''s' instead of just using apostrophes or ampersands, it STILL throws an unhandled exception. I throw up my hands, I have absolutely no idea how to fix this apart from completely starting the NES roms again, something I would very very much like to avoid. I need help, I'm completely vexed here. Replacing the ''s' in the xml game names doesn't seem to affect them in Hyperspin now, and I'm not sure why they read ''s' in the titles on the wheel before, nor why they won't change back now. I don't even know if this stupid ampersand business is what's crashing my Hypermatch, I'm just stuck and frustrated. Ugh!

Okay...on a whim I copied any additional entries I'd made to the NES database to a temp word file, deleted the xml I had and imported a fresh one, and now Hypermatch works properly. Now I will have to add my handful of entries one at a time and make sure they're okay before continuing. I'm still curious as to why it's doing this at all. Are the ampersands and apostrophes actually the culprit, is xml limited in that regard as it pertains to Hypermatch?

hmm, you know i had noticed this happen to me at the weekend in my mame genre lists,i have no idea why my list is like this,i didn't have time to look further and from reading your post i am going to have a look,ok this is what seems to be in my main mame list and my favs list doesn't seem to go back to the normal allmame list ?

-- i have this in all entries -- [CDATA ???

<description><![CDATA[1942 (Revision B)]]></description>

• 1 year later...

Hi, the same is happening to me. I am getting 'unhandled exception' error and not only on NES but on all systems...

How did you solve your issue? Please help!

I am pasting the log from the error message below. Thank you in advance.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.

at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)

at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck)

at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)

at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)

at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path)

at HyperMatch.MainWindow.c0703dc0a856d1df3d795ca9f1b688039(Object cf42a556213d9543de57373da15101176, EventArgs c5d642e4031d0324bfd53424159ade960)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5477 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

HyperMatch

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Hyperspin/HyperMatch.exe

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

ResourceAssembly

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5476 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Core

Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

gfoidl.StringSearching

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Archived