Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Genre XML issues

wyldside74

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a issue with the genre XML, this is what is going on I have all my hyperspin on a external harddrive which works well on my laptop with the keyboard so I picked up a computer with hdmi out to use the external via our tv, so I set up xpadder and that works rolls through everything but when I go to play any game in any system it says cannot find genre XML, but the drive works on my laptop flawless? I spent countless hours putting my drive together. I'm lost now, it works on one and not the other. Is it something with xpadder? Please help....thanks...

Hi,

As you can tell I'm very new at this, what is exactly a Genre key? Where would I map that? I loaded up xpadder and there was a Undefined profile so I called it "Xbox 360". All I did was mark the buttons as I found on a forum...How can I post a pic of the xpadder?

How would I remap the genre key? I'm sorry I hope I'm explaining it. :)

A quick fix would be to go into HyperHQ -> Controls and then in Keyboard and in Joystick remap the Genre key/button. You could also unmap it altogether if you didn't want to use genres or just wanted to be able to play while you sorted it out. One way or another you'll have to remove the overlap.

Ok, please don't judge me but I'm confused on mapping the genre? Map it to what? Also I noticed all the videos play on my laptop but not my desktop I am assuming that the mapping issue too. So I would like it all to work just like my laptop. So I guess my question is how do I remap to? Or how do I remove the overlap? (By the way what's a overlap)

I guess what's confusing me is the word "map" I'm thinking like mapping the Xbox controller. But I don't think that's what you mean.

The thing is work with computers a lot for some reason I just can't nail this down.

Thanks so far for the help I won't be able to attack this to later this evening.

Archived