Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Retroarch does not work anymore!

ArcadePC

So now for the past week, i've been working on hyperspin and at some point i got it working.

The roms work properly but the controls dont work.

I have an I-pac 2 (the old one with the ps/2 ports) and then i have some arcade buttons and a joystick attached to that.

And the joystick is configured to act as the arrow keys on the keyboard, but they didn't work in retroarch menu,

so i went to the settings and put the input as retrokeyboard with no analogs and then i went to user 1 bindings and first put the d-pad up as arrow key-up

and then d-pad down as arrow key-down but then the keys didn't work anymore.

Not the arrow keys nor the joystick did work in retroarch so i pressed esc and it shut, and when i opened it again it had reset.

So i used ultimarc arcades software to change the joystick to be w,a,s,d and then went back to retroarch.

Then i configured the buttons andit worked fine, so i saved the button config and exited out.

but then when i opened it again, the buttons didn't work and it didn't help to load up the config, so i did the process a couple times over,

and it still didn't work so i then let it be for awhile.

then i noticed that i had to use the arrow keys in hyperspin, so i changed them back and they worked fine in hyperspin, 

but when i went back to retroarch, they of course did not work.(i had previously put on "save on exit" or something like that) so i went back to configure 

the buttons and the joystick and when i had configured the arrow keys, then they did not work at all.

i tried to exit via esc but it didin't solve anything and now i'm suck.

So please help me someone cause i want this to work so hard.

and thanx in advance.

(ps. i'm sorry for my poor english) 

Retroarch for some reason reads the arrow keys as number pad directions num8,num2,num4 and num6 so You have to go into the retroarch config file and manually change them to up,down,left,right. Also when I was setting up an ipac for my relative the hotkey would conflict with the games so go to the hotkeys and enable a button. If you want to use your hotkeys you have to hold that button you assigned down then hit your hotkey

post-3463-0-96750400-1459088305_thumb.png

post-3463-0-49129100-1459088313_thumb.png

thank you for your reply. i changed the num. pad keys to the arrow keys in retroarch.cfg and went back to retroarch, remapped all the nessesary buttons for snes (not the d-pad keys) and put a menu toggle button.

then i saved the configuration (alltough i do have "save config on exit on") and i saved it for the core bsnes balanced. then i ran super mario all stars + super mario world, and the arrow keys worked fine and the start

button (enter on the i-pac) but none of the other button worked, not even the menu toggle btn.

so what do i have to do more, or what did i do wrong?

please reply fast (again) and i should see the message until 9pm.

tank you in advance.

The retroarch default keys do work (a,s,z,x) and the framerate is really poor and the game is very laggy and the sound is awful.

And i would expect a little bit more cause the snes should be very easy to emulate.

i have had about 3-5 different snes emulators and they have been the ones that run the best exept this one. :(

I use the snes9x next core and it runs fine on my rig. as for your keys load up a game then hit f1 to open retroarch menu try setting your inputs up and then go back to your game see if that helps.

Ok, so now i have changed bsnes to snes9x next and it works ok in retroarch but the sound is still crapp and it does still lagg quite a bit (more than it should)

but it runs better now.

And when i made a new input config for snes9x, it didn't work when i started the game but then i pressed (FN) f1 and loaded the config and then it worked.

But i dont know if the lagg is because my laptop is too slow, i'm using a hp pavilion dv6 with a 2 core amd processor at 2.0ghz and 6? gb of ram with Win 64 bit ultimate.

And now when i start hyperspin or RLUI and trie to launch a snes game it says: your libretro_SNES dll is set to bsnes balanced (thats why i originally used that core)

and that i can't play it like this. So how do i change the libretro to snes9x?

Sorry but i didn't find anything like that. Can you explain it a little bit better?

To set snes9x as the default core for SNES open the RetroArch module settings in RLUI, select the SNES tab, and in the LibRetro_Core select the snes9x core.

well at a time i set on a sharpened shader but i don't know how to set it off :(

I don't really use RetroArch much at all and when I do I haven't come across that problem. If you're using any shaders turn them off and set vsync to off as well to see if that helps. That's all I can really suggest since I'm not very familiar with all the RA settings, there are a bunch of people here who do use it though so one of them may be able to help.

Archived