Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin For iOS... Any Chance?

Rotgut

Haven't been here in quite some time... still an awesome site!

Hey, has there been any discussion re: a version of Hyperspin to run on iOS since there are quite a few emulators running on iPhones and iPads now... any chance of it happening? I recently purchased an iPad and did a jailbreak on it so I could run MAME and other emus... got to thinking how cool it would be if Hyperspin was available as my front end...

HyperSpin is strongly windows and flash based, so no chance to be ported to other operating systems. Moreover, the code is not open, and even if BBB were still active, some time ago he had no plans on porting it.

Besides that HyperSpin relies on HyperLaunch to actually run all games, and HyperLaunch is developed with the focus on the windows operating system, due to the complexities of dealing with different emulators with very different behaviors, windows dependencies,.... Also, the number of different emulators on windows is much wider than in any other operating system, so I don't see much incentive to create a HyperLaunch that would work on other OSs.

To finalize, anything IOS and Apple related has to face a lot of restrictions made by Apple about the program and the way to run things. It would be complicated to make a frontend that would run different programs on such closed systems. So I believe your only option on the Ipad and Iphone environment is to use some solution with the emulators code integrated on the frontend, what defeats the purpose of HyperSpin as a frontend.

Take a look at retroarch, that is the one that approaches more to a integrated solution for you.

Archived