Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

LEDWiz Power Problems

flip1950

Hi All,

I have been going crazy trying to get the LEDwiz to work. At this poor I am only trying to get 4 12v button lights to work. I have the negative daisy chained to all lights and individual positive wires connected to banks 1-5. The +12v from the PSU is connected to the 1-7 bank an the negative is connected directly to the PSU. I have tree LumAura and the lights do not come on. I have also loaded all of the files for Hyperpin and VP and registered the OCX. Can't seem to get anything.

I have tried jumping the +12v directly to the banks for the buttons and they do light up. I have also tried removing the HID device from device manager and reinstalling but still nothing. I also tried LumAura but still nothing. I am not sure how to verify that LumAura is connecting to the LEDwiz since it works with the LEDwiz unplugged from the USB. I'm running XP for an OS.

Does anyone have ideas on where should look next?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flip,

It works the other way round. Meaning you need to daisychain the positive side and feeding them from your power supply. Then connect each of the lamps negatives to the individual ports oft the LEDwiz. Ledwiz will make the connection on the negative side. Thats why you need the GND (next to the 5V) connected. Hooking the 4 banks up with 12 V is needed when you draw more than 500mA per port, at least that is how I understod this.

I set this up myself yesterday for the first time and it worked. Google for a tool called LEDWiz Control or so. With this you can toggle the ports on and off to test things.

Also have a look at vpforum.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived