Get even looking scan lines on all your retro cores with interger scale off on a 1080p screen

sonkun

Mods if this is in the wrong section please move it. This is the closest you're gonna get (unless there's something better out there) to having scan lines that don't look un even with interger scale off. I know a lot of people still have 1080p monitors and also like their games with scanlines but the only way to get them looking good was to have the interger scale on which made the overall screen look smaller, this is so you can have a similar effect but with the correct screen ratio. I just discovered this on my Shield TV and wanted to post this on the libretro forums as my first post there but couldn't figure out how to even start a new topic on that site lol. Maybe someone here that's a member there can share this with everyone. I posted pictures of what to do and they should be self explanatory. Just set your shader and on screen overlay image exactly how I have it then load up any one of your favorites and watch the magic, they even look good on vertical games as well. I leave all of my cores in their core provided aspect ratios. The scan line overlay can be found in the rpi folder and the stock shader is in the shaders_glsl folder all the way at the bottom. I put a few sample pics below

Edit: Overlay Opacity 0.15 and Overlay Scale 0.20 seems to give the best result

RetroArch_20170205_095419.png

RetroArch_20170205_095454.png

RetroArch_20170205_074840.png

RetroArch_20170205_095639.png

RetroArch_20170205_095741.png

Archived