Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Random game on Hyperspin startup and attract.

Mozee

I previously posted about this in the support forum; yet to get any response.

I was wondering, if possible, for an option to boot a random game, or a game of choice, on start up rather than only to the menu wheel.

This tiny little pet peeve is about the only thing keeping me from abandoning my custom MALA interface for a nice Hyperspin one.

I personally like turning on my cabinet straight into a game rather than a menu. It just has a certain feel to me, like I own an authentic old machine.

Also, when the machine is not being played, I prefer to leave it sitting there running with any actual game in its "Insert Coin" attract mode rather than a menu.

Sitting down watching and listening to the the attract mode of any 90's SNK or Capcom fighter before I'm ready to drop some quarters is especially nostalgic. Again, it just has a nice feel, like I have a real machine as I remember them sitting in my home rather than some computer program.

So could it be possible in the future for Hyperspin to randomly boot up a game, or game of choice after a certain amount of time as an attract mode option? And also for booting up a random game, or game of choice as a start up option?

I know none of these things actually improve the core functionality of Hyperspin but I hope all of you at the team will consider these very little options. Otherwise, thanks for providing such a great front end!

Yeah it would definately be cool. I would imagine that it would have to be oncoroporated into hyperlaunch. If you could send a hyperlaunch commandl line at launch, turn off the intro vid. Hyperlaunch would need a time count down of say 20 minutes and then send the exit command. I don't know how hyperlaunch would recognize if you started to play the auto launched game and not send the esc key.

I think there is a way to use auto hot key to have your computer start slwhatever game is on your last played list from hyperspin.

Then when you exit mame it starts hyperspin without the intro vid.

I need to spend some more time studying auto hot key.

I'm not too bothered by the intro vid, there's a clear option for that anyway. But a quick and simple option to boot up a rom, random or of choice, as a startup option would be great.

I really like the look of Hyperspin, definitely the closest thing to a professional "commercial" look of any FE out there, but I prefer showcasing my cabinet as you would recognize an arcade machine anywhere. running an "Insert coin" attract screen of an actual title, with the menu used purely to get from one game to another. The fact that the menu, Hyperspin, also looks so great is icing on the cake.

Lol, again I know these are just personal preferences but I don't think I'm the only one who would appreciate this tiny option. I consider the nostalgic sight, sound, and repetition of certain arcade attract screens - almost anything between the late 80s and 90s - to be almost trance-like therapy.

The blue "Winners Don't Do Drugs" FBI seal, the memorable Q-Sound jingle, The Neo-Geo jingle, and of course all the wizzing, wacky sounds of kicks, punches, explosions, hadoukens, space ships, jet planes, race cars, aliens, and powerups. Lol I guess all those years as a kid in the public laundromat beggin my mom for coins has really gotten to me.

Yes I agree. Lately I have been just letting my cab sit with a specfic game loaded up when not in use and especially when running the neo geomvs games it almost fools me into thinking it's real.

When I get free time (almost never) I will have to study auto hot key and see if something is possible.

1st step is to load a game at launch and be able to exit into hyperspin.

If an auto hotkey exe could be compiled that was started when windows was booted and it ran mame... say it always started tmnt... Then on the esc exit from mame ahk ran hyperspin.exe

could auto hot key be told to run a bat file? Then somewhere out there is a way to randomize a rom name into the bat file based on your favorites.XML

This would solve the bootup hyperspin into an actual arcade game.

The hyperspin arcade game intro mode screen saver would be different.

One idea for the attract mode of intro screens would be to do this:

create a dozen or so themes that are just basically the high resolution circo emumovies videos. Then make it it's own wheel.. The wheel theme is just a big full screen video

hit enter and it would go to another full screen video theme.

Use a copy of your favorites.XML for the list

it would rotate after 5 mins so that it would always be fresh.

I know most of circle videos are gameplay, some are intro screens

just have to find high quality intro mame video captures of intro arcade screens

can you believe I typed all of this on my iPhone while on business in England ! what a great product...

Cool, I'll have to see into the auto hotkey thing! Thanks for the suggestions! But I really hope the HS team considers this! How bout it guys? Just a tiny auto-game option please!

• 3 years later...

I'm for this as well! Maximus Arcade has a "screen saver" configuration page where after x minutes it will launch a random game from any list/ system you want. You can configure time the random game runs and inactivity before launch. I much prefer Hyperspin for everything else that Maximus cannot do. This would be a great enhancement.

Archived