Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hypersync not checking for existing files

zorrobandito

I have an existing setup and want to freshen it using HyperSync. I followed the instructions, testing with a system I thought would have minimum download impact if things went awry. I went for the Nintendo 64 and I can see that HSS is pulling down new themes (great) and all the cart pics (not so great when I'm only missing a handful). I've looked for a "check for existing" setting but can't find it - what am I missing? If I did the same thing with MAME (which is my intent), my router would melt.

I have an existing setup and want to freshen it using HyperSync. I followed the instructions, testing with a system I thought would have minimum download impact if things went awry. I went for the Nintendo 64 and I can see that HSS is pulling down new themes (great) and all the cart pics (not so great when I'm only missing a handful). I've looked for a "check for existing" setting but can't find it - what am I missing? If I did the same thing with MAME (which is my intent), my router would melt.

HyperSync should only download what you are missing based on your database xml.

Are all the paths correct? Are you using the default paths for all your artwork? (...\HyperSpin\Media\...)

Thanks,

Ron

Thanks for the reply, Ron.

The files appear to be in the right place.

Carts = C:\Hyperspin\Media\Nintendo 64\Images\Artwork4

and my HSS setting is pretty minimal:

C:\Hyperspin\Media\

What I did notice just then, though is that the new files are a bit larger. i.e. the standard dimensions on the old cart pics (from 2009) are 330x220 whereas the newer versions are 400x268. I'm guessing that HSS is picking up the improved versions. Since my cab is fairly lo-res (max 640x480), it would be nice if I could exclude these to save on bandwidth but still pick up the ones I am missing. Any thoughts or is that just getting too darn picky?

Archived