Sign in to follow this  
RealGosthe

AHK Remapped controls in MAME not working

Hi, when i play any of the nfl bitz in MAME if i press the    \    key, which i have mapped to the winipac (4 arcade machine so i ran out of keys, and im not gonna remap in winipac this key  one since im done with all mappings), this menu comes up (see attach pic), so i created an ahk file to remap \ to any other key  but its not working in MAME, i read that MAME  only accepts raw input trough hyperspin and its not recognizing the ahk remap script, so please tell me how can i prevent this menu from appearing or how can i make the ahk remap work in MAME, if i launch MAME directly (not hyperspin) the ahk works.

20190208_141818.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By wildpumpk1n
      Hello guys,
      I'm working on a Tate build with Hyperspin for candy 15khz cab. 
      I made it for used with jammAsd or ipac2 or something who use a keyboard encoder.
      I was thinking to find solution for people who will used it with a 1player panel with 3buttons and start.

Usually the keybinding is 
      Start p1 . 1
      Button 1 . Lctrl
      Button 2 . Lalt
      Button 3. Space
      Button 4 . Shift

My trouble is hyperhq don't recognize the alt key. My thought was to ask rocketlauncher to use an AHK script to change lalt::k
      No problem, it works. If I start it manually, Hyperspin recognize my button2 (lalt) as a k.
      I change few thing in rocketlauncher asking it to use AHK I made under RL Hyperspin.ahk. I select external in settings, etc. 
      But its not working, I didn't see the script in my task bar 😶
      As I used a lot of ahk keymapper for pc Games in this build I don't want to start it with hyperhq at the start of Hyperspin, maybe it will be the mess. 

If you have any Idea, thanks guys 🙂
      If you want to have a look to the build 

• By capnclaw
      This is my ICade mod using USB encoder for the joystick and buttons with a Dell micro PC in the back end with USB volume knob. Powered by Windows 10, Hyper-Spin, and Rocket-Launcher with Atari 2600, MAME, Nintendo Entertainment System, and Sega Genesis emulators and roms set up. The display is a 4:3 8 inch Neewar monitor which I purchased off of Amazon. I have acrylic glass behind my wooden bezel which I drilled out holes for monitor buttons in both the bezel and glass. All artwork was created by me in Photoshop and printed on adhesive vinyl. The marquee was made with the same acrylic glass and has an 8 inch LED glass enclosure with remote made for small fish aquariums I purchased off of Amazon as well. All wood paneling is MDF material and was cut and drilled via a Black and Decker drill with spade bits and a small Dremel band saw. I mostly used gorilla glue to piece everything together. I used Behr Marquee 2 in 1 primer and paint to paint the MDF material. The Hyper-Spin intro video was created by me using open source and free program Open Shot Video Editing. It took me roughly 2 months to complete from start to finish in between work and my family lol. I am so glad I did it though I am so pleased and happy with the outcome. A match made in Heaven! MY favorite band KISS (original members) and my favorite hobby retro arcade. I absolutely love it!
      Link to Videos
      KISS Arcade Boot UP (Short)
      KISS Arcade Boot Up (Long)
      KISS Arcade In Action (Wrestle-Fest by Technos)