Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Launching RetroArchPlus games from Hyperspin breaks the RAplus config

xevifff

Hi!

I've recently set up a prebuilt configuration for Android TV with some emulators that uses RetroArch and RetroArchPlus, and I've noticed that ones that launches RetroArch are working fine, but all that launch RetroArchPlus makes an strange behaviour.

Before describe the error, I want to show you that the games and emulators are working fine if I manually load them in RetroArchPlus. Here is the Alley Cat example:

image.thumb.png.2bcc0d18860deb10fcf0cb66e1703308.png

image.thumb.png.a0fcbc1c72c63059f9922c1d802d9b14.png

Well, from Hyperspin, the story is different.

image.thumb.png.f158d19c10808e0096672bc34360e90a.png

There are two scenarios:

- If the RetroArchPlus application is running, it literally just opens the application (no further action is done)

image.thumb.png.ad939fd7b8f380bbc962c6bac1938c79.png

(the above image shows what happen after I select the game from hyperspin)

- If the RetroArchPlus application is not running (because I've close it) then some really strange things happen:

image.thumb.png.aaa73f0867f05b46fd63bad615c01023.png

(the above image shows what happen after I select the game from hyperspin, having the RetroArchPlus previously closed)

It launches the RetroArchPlus (same app, same version...) but the things are rare (different text styles, nothing configured...). For example there are errors saying that the directories are not set, and that's true, if I check this config is all empty!

image.thumb.png.9c913daa34ec3ba74fc84e2508201318.png

I promise you I had this config filled in my app. Well, I can show it you because if I close the app and open it again, the "things" are restored again:

image.thumb.png.0c328687f09bc72a03b5a7b2a8989f17.png

So, at the end is the "hyperspin call" that opens a strange state in RetroArchPlus (when it's closed), or just opens it without launch the game.

The ini file sounds like that:

image.thumb.png.c8d9fb9886f7771da3b09031c459b371.png

It's supposed to be fine, but something is not in some place. I have noticed all the other emulators that uses RetroArchPlus have the same issue (when launched from hyperspin).

I pray for your help, because you are my last hope 🙈

The current version of HS on Android isn't working with RA Plus / RA 64 bits and some other variants.

I have published a moded version of the APK that works correctly with modern versions of RA (just browse the forums or Download section). The original author of HS for Android has also announced that he's working on a new version of HyperSpin meant to work with Android 11 and modern versions of RA.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks HyperSeeder for your information , we hope the update will be applied soon, Many of HS users they update the Nvidia Shield to the latest version of Android and then they discovered that the new version is not compatible with HS which is installed in Shield.

We appreciated our efforts at this matter  

Archived