Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Collections nested wheel.

Hyperspinner5000

Hi, I'm currently looking at trying to make a single wheel called "Collections" that sits on my main hyperspin wheel along with all the systems I have. What I want to do is when going into this wheel it then loads up all the different franchise categories such as "Mario" "Sonic" "Turtles" which in turn can then be clicked into to reveal the respective game wheels. This is to save all the various collections cluttering up my main wheel. As I understand it Hyperspin can only do 2 wheels, so thats 'main' with all your systems (or collections) then individual games wheels. I also understand a program called Main menu changer may be the key to creating nested wheels but cant find enough documentation or tutorials that relate more directly to what I want to do. They explain it too loosely and a little outside the scope of what I am trying to do by not going through and creating the steps as they go along. If Main menu changer is the key to this then does anyone have a walkthrough of what it would take to add a simple wheel within a wheel, leaving my main looking the same as it currently does.

Please note that Im not after multiple categories and wheel after wheel of nested systems. I just want to lump several wheels (franchise collection based wheels) under one category while my main wheel stays pretty much as is listing all my systems and going directly into the game wheel view when clicked. I already have these collection wheels set up with all the different emulators running multiple games from different systems under their respective wheel so they are fine as is, creating a collection is not what I need help with.

This is not about Hyperspin but RocketLauncher.

Set a virtual emulator then list your games in the Games.ini ( \RocketLauncher\Settings\MyVirtualEmulator\Games.ini )

Here, an excerpt of my Games.ini in my arcade wheel. My main emulator is MAME and other systems in the Games.ini.

[eca]
Emulator=SuperModel
System=Sega Model 3
[manxtt]
Emulator=Sega Model 2 Emulator
System=Sega Model 2
[Guilty Gear Xrd]
Emulator=PCLauncher
System=windows

• Like 1
  • Super Like 1

Thanks for the reply. I think this is just to do with creating a collection out of multiple systems that use multiple emulators, something I have already sorted. All my collections are fine. It was more that I wanted to post all the collections together (under their own seperate wheels), under one wheel called 'collections' that is listed with all the other 'systems'. So you would see the Nes wheel, click in that and theres all the nes games (standard stuff), then the super nes wheel, click in that and there are all the super nes games (again standard stuff, it already does all of this), then collections and you click in that and then it brings up seperate wheels for "mario" "sonic" "turtles" "wrestling" etc etc. Then you click further into one of those and then you get the games wheel which is everything under that specific collection.

As my system currently stands, all the collection based stuff is thrown on the main wheel, each collection with its own wheel but on the "front page", which to neaten things up, I dont really want. Instead I want just one wheel on the main page called collections, in amongst all the other system wheels, then click into that to get each collection, then click into that to get the game wheels. It seems like two steps down like a nested folder, which is something I cant figure out how to make hyperspin do at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 12:35 PM, tancrede987 said:

This is not about Hyperspin but RocketLauncher.

Set a virtual emulator then list your games in the Games.ini ( \RocketLauncher\Settings\MyVirtualEmulator\Games.ini )

Here, an excerpt of my Games.ini in my arcade wheel. My main emulator is MAME and other systems in the Games.ini.

[eca]
Emulator=SuperModel
System=Sega Model 3
[manxtt]
Emulator=Sega Model 2 Emulator
System=Sega Model 2
[Guilty Gear Xrd]
Emulator=PCLauncher
System=windows

Would you mind elaborating?

Hopefully I understood you, but anyway, more details would be greatly appreciated.

A collection is a data structure that holds other data structures. Collections are implemented by the default, built-in types of the language: arrays, sets, maps and other collections. You can get help from  rushessays to complete your assignment easily. A collection is an unordered set of values that can be referenced either by name or by tag.

Thank you tancrede987

Upon reading more about Games.ini, I was able to manipulate Hyperspin alone without touching Rlauncher at all, which actually worked ;-)))))

In HyperHQ I created a new wheel, MyCollection and then under Database\MyCollection\MyCollection.ini I edited the following content + the values: <genre>MyCollection</genre> & <exe>SystemName</exe>

<game name="hotd" index="true" image="h">
		<description>House of the Dead</description>
		<cloneof></cloneof>
		<crc></crc>
		<manufacturer>Sega</manufacturer>
		<year>1997</year>
		<genre>MyCollection</genre>                      <--- = the wheel name in HyperSpin
		<exe>Sega Model 2</exe>                          <--- = Name of system (the system used by the game) 
	</game>
	<game name="GG" index="true" image="d">
		<description>Sega Golden Gun</description>
		<cloneof></cloneof>
		<crc></crc>
		<manufacturer>Sega</manufacturer>
		<year>2010</year>
		<genre>MyCollection</genre>                      <--- = the wheel name in HyperSpin      
		<exe>Sega RingWide</exe>                         <--- = Name of system (the system used by the game) 
	</game>