Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Need help with GlovePIE and how to auto launch it

Soda97

Hi,

I just purchased a mini cabinet and I'm new to this so I'm pretty noobie here. Please bare with me. Thanks!

(GlovePIE wouldn't allow me to register for some reason so I hope you guys can help me here.)

I just installed sacred citadel and trying to setup virtual game pad so I could play co-op locally. I also added 2 mice so I have 3 extra buttons to use for each player.

I have already setup using ppjoy, xbox360ce and found the script for glovepie that let me uses 2 game pads and 2 mice at the same time.

My question is how do I setup the left analog stick to up, right , left, down?

Ppjoy1.analog0 = key.right - would give me right direction

Ppjoy1.analog1 = key.down - would give me down direction

How do I get up and left direction?

Also, once I'm done, how can I make it auto run every time I start the game ?

Thanks in advance,

Soda

Ok, so you have a mini-cabinet and you are trying to play sacred citadel a steam game.

Does Sacred Citadel support local co-op for 3 xinput controllers? or for 3 directinput controllers? or for 3 mice and 3 keyboards?

What kind of controls does your mini-cabinet have? keyboard? joystick/gamepad buttons?

Thanks for the reply.

My mini cabinet is a 2p joysticks (that uses iPac/keyboard?).

I could setup the controllers with ppjoy (+ ppjoy keyboard) + xbox360ce to play. My joysticks only have 6 buttons and the game uses more so that's why I want to use my mouse too to have 3 extra keys. Ppjoy mouse only let me use 1 mouse and I have to open 2 ppjoy keyboard for 2 virtual game pads.

I found out that glovepie would able to utilize 2 mice and 2 game pads at the same time by running 1 script and I have all the keys and mouse keys setup except I'm stuck with the analog stick on the xbox360ce.

Please advise,

Soda

Do you plan on using 1 joystick and 6 buttons and a mouse for 1 person to play sacred citadel?

So is it mini cabinet controls in the left hand and a mouse in the right hand? I imagine that this would look silly and be uncomfortable.

What are the 360 controls for the game?

A=

B=

X=

Y=

Start=

Back=

Left Bumper=

Right Bumper=

Left Trigger=

Right Trigger=

Dpad Up=

Dpad Down=

Dpad Right=

Dpad Left=

Left stick up=

Left stick down=

Left stick right=

Left stick left=

Left stick button=

Right stick up=

Right stick down=

Right stick right=

Right stick left=

Right stick button=

So out of 24 available 360 controller commands what do you really need to be remapped?

Also if you are using 1 joystick, 6 buttons + 3 buttons that would leave you with 7 more possible 360 buttons to fill. (1 joystick = 4, 9 buttons = 9, mouse movement = 4)

I'm planning to do 2p co-op. First controller will be 1p joystick + 6 buttons + a mouse (left, middle, right button) and 2nd controller will be 2p joystick + 6 buttons + another mouse.

Ppjoy - virtual joystick 1 and virtual joystick 2

I already assigned keys to A, B, X, Y, start, back, left bumper, right bumper, left trigger, and right trigger for both 1p and 2p.

I also assigned dpad up, dpad left and dpad down to mouse button left, middle and right respectively because that's for drinking different potions that I won't be used so often and I cannot change the controller key in game.

So basically I have all the buttons setup except the movement keys which are left stick up, down, right and left. However in xbox360ce, left stick's left and right is axis x (or axis 1) and up and down is axis y (or iaxis 2). Therefore, I don't know how to assign the left stick as up, down, left and right key for 1p and left stick as o, k, m, l for 2p.

Thanks again,

Soda

So basically I have all the buttons setup except the movement keys which are left stick up, down, right and left. However in xbox360ce, left stick's left and right is axis x (or axis 1) and up and down is axis y (or iaxis 2). Therefore, I don't know how to assign the left stick as up, down, left and right key for 1p and left stick as o, k, m, l for 2p.

I thought you could do that with ppjoy? it is for keyboard to joystick remaps.

Can you confirm that the right analog stick and dpad down is never used in the game? It surprises me they ignored the right analog stick.

Will this work? Use glovepie to remap your mice to keyboard inputs and use ppjoy to remap keyboard inputs into directinput and then use x360ce to remap direcinput to xinput.

O they do use the right analog stick too for dodge roll but I don't have enough buttons to set it up so I ignored and they don't have any action key for dpad right.

Yes, I can use ppjoy keyboard to remap and it's fine but I have to open another ppjoy keyboard for virtual joystick 2 and another for ppjoy mouse but Ppjoy mouse can only accept 1 mouse.

Or I can use glovepie for buttons and mouse keys + ppjoy keyboard 1 and ppjoy keyboard 2 for direction but I still have to open 3 things.

So I'm just wondering if there's a way to setup the left analog axis to 4 direction keys in glovepie then I don't need to open ppjoy keyboard at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Edit]

Ok I think I see how it can be done. I have to make 4 extra buttons for stick up, left, right and down instead of axis in xbox360ce.

However I already used up all 16 buttons for ppjoy, how can I make more buttons?

Thanks,

Soda

Hey that works or semi-works except if I press both up and down, analog1 (axis y) will stop working, same for pressing left and right together, analog0 (axis x) will also stop.

But I think I got it now by adding 4 extra buttons to ppyjoy and assigning to stick up, left, right and down instead of axis. I couldn't add the extra buttons until I have to delete all the mapping from the ppjoy configuration utility.

I really appreciated your help and learned something new from you.

For my other question, is it possible to auto launch this script whenever I start this game?

Thanks,

Soda

You can autolaunch the script when you start the game if you use RocketLauncher and the pclauncher module.

Hey that works or semi-works except if I press both up and down, analog1 (axis y) will stop working, same for pressing left and right together, analog0 (axis x) will also stop.

Does it permanently stop working or does it just not work if you press both buttons together?

Also remember it is emulating an analog stick. It is rather difficult to move real joystick left and right at the same time. Same thing with Up and Down at the same time. Kind of like how you can't turn left and right at the intersection at the same time. Or how you can't put your car in reverse and drive at the same time. I think you get the idea of what I'm saying.

Just remember the center is between up and down on a joystick and between right and left on a joystick.

If it is stopped permanently try:

Ppjoy1.analog0 = key.right - key.left

Ppjoy1.analog1 = key.down - key.up

Old HyperLaunch Website: https://sites.google.com/site/hyperlaunch2/home

New HyperLaunch Website: http://www.hyperlaunch.net/forum/forum.php

Old HyperLaunch Website Info On PcLauncher: https://sites.google.com/site/hyperlaunch2/additional-features/pclauncher

ghutch92 faq on pclauncher (incomplete): http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?29481-How-to-install-HyperSpin&p=294281&viewfull=1#post294281

HyperLaunchHQ Module screen: https://sites.google.com/site/hyperlaunch2/hyperhq/hlhq-features/modules

HyperLaunchHQ Overview of Module Settings: https://sites.google.com/site/hyperlaunch2/hyperhq/hlhq-features/modules/module-settings

Remember to click on the blue i circle next to pretty much every setting in HyperLaunchHQ. This little icon contains developer comments on what the setting does.

Archived