Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

new thing i learned...

craiganderson

i learned by dumb luck that if you want a file to sit in the ROM folder but NOT be included in the database file, just make it look like this with the brackets in the front

[OS] dB-BASIC.2d

it seems like the brackets at the beginning prevent it from being listed in the database file

this comes in handy for example on sharp x1 because some games need to LOAD additional "HUBASIC" files to be able to play

so i have them in the ROM FOLDER and the module loads them automatically for those games

but because of the brackets they do not show up in the database file, and hence not on the wheel

just sharing

maybe old news to everyone else

but never saw it mentioned before

thanks

craig

So it is in the database file and the rom is named exactly the same as in the database but it does not show up is what you are saying?

yeah

it is in the database file

but the program that makes the database file (HYPERROMTOXML 1.3) does NOT put anything in the <description> part of the database file and that makes it not be in wheel i guess

again, this is a good thing.,.i do not want them in the wheel

so the take home message

if u want something in rom folder (like a HUBASIC file etc) but not on the wheel .,... put the bracket things at the beginning

its a good thing

not a problem

prevents me from having to go into database file and erase those things that i do not want on wheel

:)

ok an xml generator program doesnt see it, thought you were saying HL didn't see it.

the XML programs sees it and puts it in the .xml...but not completely ..so not on wheel

NORMAL game in database file

notice there is text in the description line

<game name="1942" index="" image="">
<description>1942</description>
<cloneof></cloneof>
<crc></crc>
<manufacturer></manufacturer>
<year></year>
<genre></genre>
</game>

example with [] at the beginning

notice nothing in description line

so doesnt show in wheel

<game name="[OS] HuBASIC CZ-8FB02 V1.0{boot 2HD}" index="" image="">
<description></description>
<cloneof></cloneof>
<crc></crc>
<manufacturer></manufacturer>
<year></year>
<genre></genre>
</game>

not claiming anything magical here :)

just a little "trick" to keep things in rom folder but off of wheel if you need to do that

maybe old hat but new to me

Archived