The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

MAME artwork question

JoeC3109

Hey everyone,

Had a quick question regarding overlays and backdrops for MAME. I noticed some games, like Boot Hill for example, have a backdrop. I think I found the file and put it in my artwork folder, but it doesn't seem to be working. Some games have overlays like Night Driver, but I can't seem to get those to show up either. Could someone tell me which files I need and what settings I need to enable?

Thanks

Hey everyone,

Had a quick question regarding overlays and backdrops for MAME. I noticed some games, like Boot Hill for example, have a backdrop. I think I found the file and put it in my artwork folder, but it doesn't seem to be working. Some games have overlays like Night Driver, but I can't seem to get those to show up either. Could someone tell me which files I need and what settings I need to enable?

Thanks

When you say artwork folder do you mean the MAME artwork folder? As that's where they should go. Once they are in there press tab key in game to bring up the MAME menu, then select Video Options. You will then see options to enable the artwork.

Also, just an extra bit of info - there is usually a MAME extras pack released shortly after each monthly MAME release. This pack contains all this artwork plus another few bits and pieces.

Just checked my MAME artwork folder and the artwork are all in per game zips in the root of the artwork folder. I'm figuring that's what MAME is expecting...

Archived